Turkish Coffee is a delicious, rich, thick beverage that should be sipped calmly and with friends. It is prepared with coffee grounds like powder and sweetened to the drinker's preference. It is brewed in a copper coffee pot known as a cezve (Jez-VEY) in its own traditional way.
- Prep - 3 mins
- Cook - 10 mins
- Total - 13 mins
- Servings - 2 servings
- Yield - 2 drinks
Equipment Required To Make Turkish Coffee
- Briki or small saucepan
- Small cup
Ingredients Required To Make Turkish Coffee
- ¼ cup - Water
- 1 tsp - Sugar
- 2 tbsp - Coffee finely ground
Instructions To Make Turkish Coffee
- Add 50 mL (1.7 oz) of water into the cezve (ibrik) for each cup of Coffee desired.
- Add sugar to taste and whisk to blend it.
- Bring to a boil, remove from the heat and stir 1 teaspoon of coffee in each cup.
- Coffee is heated to a boil.
- Once the cezve reaches the first boil, remove it from the stove immediately, skimming off any collected foam as you go.
- The Coffee is boiled twice in a row, taking care to remove the cezve from the heat between each boiling. The froth can either be removed or retained after being well stirred.
Many people like their Turkish Coffee spiced with cinnamon and cardamom. To taste, only add finely ground spices to the extent of the flavor of your liking.
Health Benefits of Turkish Coffee
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
- Turkish Coffee helps in digestion - The Turkish word "kahvalt" means "breakfast" and simply translates to "after coffee." Turkish Coffee is consumed following breakfast to start the day with the best possible digestive health. Turkish Coffee's proteins and caffeine support a healthy digestive system by enhancing intestinal muscle contractions.
- Turkish Coffee reduces stress - It has been proven that drinking Turkish Coffee in moderation relieves stress. Many studies have found that drinking Turkish Coffee regularly not only lowers the consequences of depression but also dramatically reduces the likelihood of becoming depressed.
- Helps you lose weight by boosting your metabolism -Turkish Coffee typically has 15–18 calories per serving without additional sugar, but its benefits do not stop there. Also, it gives a feeling of satiety and speeds up fat burning, making it one of the most important beverages.
- The consumption of Turkish Coffee may help prevent type 2 diabetes - A 2014 study found that the risk of developing type 2 diabetes was 11% lower in people who increased their daily coffee intake by at least one cup over more than 4 years. A 2017 study found that those who drank at least 4 cups of caffeinated or decaffeinated Turkish Coffee daily had a decreased risk of type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome.
- Has Beneficial Coffee Components - Turkish Coffee is unfiltered; thus, it can have a higher concentration of healthy ingredients than regular Coffee. According to a study Coffee made with finely ground coffee beans had a higher concentration of chlorogenic acids and diterpenoids, which may reduce inflammation, fight infection, and improve heart health, are among vital components found in Coffee.
FAQs on Turkish Coffee Recipe
What is unique about Turkish Coffee?
Turkish Coffee is created from finely ground coffee beans and brewed in traditional copper pots known as cezve. Turkish Coffee is more aromatic and thicker than other types of Coffee.
How strong is Turkish Coffee?
The caffeine amount, among other things, influences the strength of Turkish Coffee. Caffeine content per cup ranges from 50 to 65 mg, though it can be as low as 40 mg. A typical cup of Turkish Coffee weighs between two and five ounces.
Does Turkish Coffee have milk in it?
Some people like to brew it with milk and sugar, adding them to the brewing pot rather than the cup. Demitasse-sized cups with tall edges that carry around 2 1/2 ounces are used to serve Turkish Coffee.
Why is Turkish Coffee brewed in the sand?
Turkish Coffee is traditionally made by heating a pan filled with sand over an open flame. The sand-filled pan gives you complete control over the heat. Cups left on the surface stay warm, and the heat used for brewing can be controlled by the depth of the Coffee in the sand.
Do you filter Turkish Coffee?
Turkish Coffee is brewed using exceptionally finely ground coffee beans, so there's no need for a filter, and you can use any type of bean you like.
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.