BBQ CHICKEN BACON SKEWERS
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers bring together two crowd-favorite food combinations: juicy chicken and bacon! Deliciously seasoned and oven grilled to perfection, this recipe is very simple but incredibly flavorful.
- Prep Time - 10 mins
- Cook Time - 25 mins
- Resting Time - 5 mins
- Total Time - 35 mins
- 1-pound - Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- ½ tablespoon - Olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon - Smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon - Cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon - Garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon - Onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon - Dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon - Dried basil
- 10 to 12 bacon slices, cut in half
- 5 to 6 grilling skewers (You can use metal skewers for the oven, but if you’re using wooden skewers, ensure that you soak them in water for 15 minutes before adding the chicken to the skewers.)
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Line an aluminum foil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Set a rack on top of the rimmed baking sheet. Spray it with cooking oil. Set this aside.
- Cut your chicken into 1-inch pieces and keep them in a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and stir.
- Season with paprika, pepper, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper, onion powder, dried basil, and dried thyme. Mix thoroughly till it’s well combined.
- Now, wrap each piece of the bacon around a chicken piece, and thread about 5 to 6 pieces onto each skewer. Pack the pieces close together on the skewer so that the bacon slices stay intact.
- Arrange your prepared skewers on top of the previously prepared baking rack.
- Cook the chicken bacon pieces for about 25-30 minutes, or till the chicken gets cooked through and the bacon becomes crispy.
- Remove from oven and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Delicious Chicken Bacon Skewers are ready!
- Serve immediately.
Faqs on BBQ CHICKEN BACON SKEWERS
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.