BIRIYANI MASALA POWDER RECIPEThe taste of the Nawab food is challenging without a well-made Biryani Masala powder recipe. Enjoy the spice mix with freshly ground spices to enjoy a delightful Biryani. Get the recipe for homemade Biryani masala powder here.
- Type - Lunch/Biryani
- Serve - 4
- Preparation time - 15 mins
- Cooking time - 20 mins
Ingredients for Biryani Spice Recipe
These are some of the most vital ingredients used for biryani masala powder.
- ¼ tbsp - Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp - Cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp - Caraway seeds
- 5-6 Cloves
- 1- 2 inch - Cinnamon sticks
- 10-12 - Black Pepper cloves
- 2 - Bay Leaves
- ½ tsp - Nutmeg powder
- 1-2 - Mace flower
- 1-2 - Black Cardamoms
- 4-5 - Green Cardamom
- 1 tbsp - Whole Coriander seeds
- 1 - Star Anise Chakra Phool
How to Make Biryani Masala
- Set a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
- Stir in the cinnamon, star anise, dried red chilies, and coriander seeds.
- Stir and add the black cardamom, green cardamom, black pepper, nutmeg, mace, and bay leaves cardamom pods. You can include caraway seeds, cloves, fennel seeds, and jeera seeds.
- Stir and dry roast until fragrant. Roast it enough to avoid over-roasting. The spices must be free of all moisture. It will otherwise spoil the masala stored.
- Add turmeric powder, mix it well with the masala, and turn off the heat. Let the spices for the biryani masala cool.
- You can grind the mix or keep it just like that in an airtight container.
Health benefits of Biryani Masala
- Vitamin B6 regulates the body's metabolic process, which is abundant in biryani masala.
- Selenium, which protects the immune system and controls thyroid hormone, is found in Chicken biryani masala.
- The spice ingredient minimizes the free radical damage.
- Cumin and coriander seeds help improve the immune system and function as anti-aging tools.
Summing Up with Biryani Masala Recipe
Unquestionably, one of the most popularly discussed Indian dishes worldwide is biryani. It ranks among the most crucial components for making tasty biryani. It must be basmati rice, which is long and fragrant! To enjoy a top-quality biryani:
- Make it in Basmati rice.
- Team it up with raita and papad; you should make yourself feel pampered.
- Make sure you serve the biryani hot in a pot to enjoy the aroma and the flavor.
Alcoeats has authentic biryani masala. It is an age-old recipe with fresh spices procured from local farmers. You can avail it in one click with a genuine taste from Alcoeats.
For more such homemade recipes, do sign up for our recipe newsletter below.
FAQs on Biryani Masala Powder Recipe
What distinguishes biryani masala from Garam masala?
In essence, Biryani Masala is a kind of Garam Masala. The ratio of spice ingredients makes the two masalas different from each other. It is a task to have a recipe for dry masala powders in India because a version of every Garam masala changes from region to region.
For how many months can we store Biryani masala?
Although we prefer to prepare smaller amounts fresh every month, this biryani masala powder can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 months in an airtight container. Remember that all ground spices lose their flavor and scent more quickly than whole spices.
What is the English name for biryani?
Biryani, also known as biriani, beryani, or beriani, is a rice-based Indian dish cooked with spices, rice (often basmati), meat, fish, eggs, or vegetables. The Persian word bery(n) means ""fried"" or ""roasted.""
Can I use Garam masala instead of biryani masala?
Garam masala is a class of spice blend. It is a part of what makes up biryani masala. So the answer is yes, you can substitute it.
How can we flavor the Biryani rice?
Rice cooked in a pot of boiling water is flavored with cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anise, nutmeg, and lemon juice. The rice for biryani is fragrant as a result.
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.