HOMEMADE RED HOT CHILI POWDER RECIPE
A recipe without chili powder is rare. Red hot chili powder adds the spice level and provides a reddish color to the recipe. Homemade chili powder whose recipe is easy to make. Learn the techniques of making Homemade Chili powder recipes here.
Preparation and cooking time - 25 mins
Ingredients used in Red Hot Chili Powder Recipe
- ¼ kg - Dry long red chilies
- ¼ kg - Kashmiri red chilies
How to make Red Hot Chili Powder Recipe
- Remove the stem of the red chilies. Take a pan and dry roast Kashmiri red chilies until it is crisp. (Roast it in a lower flame to avoid burning and as safety advice to prevent choking from coughing). Keep it aside once done.
- Add long red chilies and dry roast them till it is crisp.
- Put the whole red chilies into the mixer jar and grind it fine.
- If the ground mixture shows coarse elements, sieve it and store it in an airtight container. Long red chili and Kashmiri Red Chili Powder mixture is ready to use.
Health Benefits of Homemade Red Hot Chili Powder
It is now a known fact that Indians do not use spices for the sake of it. There is a nutritional benefit, or the spice is a waste in the kitchen. Indians thereby use Chili Powder not only to enhance their taste buds but also to take health benefits. Here is why Red Chili Powder is the favorite of every Indian kitchen.
- It is interesting to know that red chili powder can keep your eyes healthy as it is rich in Vitamin A. Vitamin A fights against infection. It keeps the intestinal tract, urinary tract, and respiratory tract healthy.
- Homemade chili powder assists in forming red blood cells (RBCs). Reduction in RBCs will lead to fatigue and anemia. Red chilies are rich in copper and iron content. It is a significant ingredient in forming RBCs. The rich content of folic acid assists the body in fighting anemia.
- Chilies reduce heart diseases. They have niacin, potassium, and riboflavin. Potassium relaxes the blood vessels, and niacin assists in increasing good cholesterol.
- Regular intake of Chili Powder boosts the metabolism rate and improves digestion.
- The hot spice is known for fighting inflammation in the body as well.
Summing up Homemade Red Hot Chili Powder Recipe
When you have homemade Chili Powder, you can be sure it is chemical-free, additive-free, and has no preservatives. You can make and keep red chili powder in bulk for 4-5 months. If you are someone looking for only heat and no color, you can grind regular long red chilies. On the other hand, if you want the spice quotient low and the natural red hot color, you may use Kashmiri red chilies. Rely on authentic red chilies to get your desired red chili powder.
Alco brings chili powder that is chemical-free, additive-free, and has no preservatives. You can rely on the quality. There are no added colors used, and it is natural and smoky. The red chilies are made from the highest quality spices that India has to offer. It comes with resealable zipper bags that are easy to store.
FAQs on Homemade Red Hot Chili Powder Recipe
Are Paprika powder and Red chili powder the same?
Paprika powder is mild and has a sweet flavor. Red chili powder is spicy and hotter than Paprika.
What is the difference between long red chilies and Kashmiri red chilies?
Different kinds of red chili powder are known as per their heat quotient. For those who want spicy and hotter red chili powder, long red chili powder will satisfy the need, known as Red hot chili powder. It will give you the heat but not the color. Kashmiri chili powder is mild and gives a red color to the dish. If you are looking for red color and no spice in the cuisine, Kashmiri red chilies are famous for it. It provides red color to the gravy keeping the spice level minimal. Thus, long red chilies are hotter than Kashmiri red chilies.
How does one understand if the red chilies roasted are crisp?
When you take the roasted red chilies, they must become brittle. If the chilies bend, it means it needs further roasting. The knack lies in roasting the red chilies in low flame. This way, you won’t over-roast, you will not get a cough, and the chilies will be crisp at roasting.
Is there any other method rather than slow roasting?
You can alternatively use the sun-drying technique. It is advisable to use it during summer as the air will not have moisture. Avoid weather with moisture to prevent the red chilies from bacterial growth.
How to Make Extra Hot Spicy Chili Powder?
To make extra hot spicy chili powder, decrease the amount of Kashmiri chili powder, and use small chilies.
How to make an easy chili powder seasoning recipe?
You can make an easy spicy chili powder seasoning – recipe by adding 2 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp of cumin powder, 1 tsp of oregano, and red chili powder. You can use this seasoning on salads, dosa, idli, paratha, and plain rice or use it as a dip.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.