KASHMIRI CHILLI POWDER RECIPE
-Kashmiri chili powder has a smoky taste, mild heat, and an orange hue/color. The whole red peppers are sun-dried and ground into a fine powder to make Kashmiri mirch. Read this blog for a detailed recipe.
How To Make Kashmiri Chilli Powder
Making your own Kashmiri Chili Powder is a great way to add a spicy, bold flavor to your cooking. Known for their complex heat and rich, fruity taste - these chilies come from the hills of northern India near Jammu and Kashmir.
- Firstly, remove stems and seeds from the chilies.
- Then, remove as many seeds as possible because they may impart an unpleasant taste to the final product.
- Once you've removed the seeds and stems from the chilies, you will need to dry them thoroughly.
- Leave them on a flat baking sheet in a low oven overnight, or spread them out on a rack somewhere warm and sunny until they are completely crisp.
- Once your chilies have dried, put them into a clean jar and grind them up using a spice grinder or blender.
Expert Tips on Kashmiri Chili Powder
This red chili powder can be easily made at home by roasting or sun-drying red chilies until they are crisp and grinding down to a fine powder.
- Choose fresh red chilies for the best flavor.
- Use different colors or sizes to get the perfect hotness, taste, and color.
- Always clean red chilies, and pluck the stem before roasting them. If it is sunny, you can dry the chilies.
- You can also dry-roast them on low flame.
- To skip dry roasting, you could sundry the red chilies until crisp.
- Spread out a mesh cloth over a protected surface to keep bugs away, be sure not to put salt near roasted peppers so that they don't spoil prematurely.
- If you want to store it for more than six months, then take half of it and store it in the fridge. Keep the other half of what was left out at room temperature (or below) and use it quickly.
Storing Suggestion For Kashmiri Chili Powder
- Store in an air-tight container (away from direct sunlight).
- Store at a temperature above 20 degrees Celsius.
- Add asafoetida chunks to maintain their freshness.
- Keep them away from water.
- Sun dry it at regular intervals.
Health Benefits Of Kashmiri Chili Powder
DISCLAIMER-This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert on what works best for you.
- Rich source of Vitamins - Kashmiri Chilli Powder is a good source of Vitamin C. Daily intake of this Vitamin is necessary for beautiful hair and skin health. This compound may also help in building stronger immunity. Kashmiri Chili Powder has a Vitamin B complex, which may benefit the nervous system and energy levels alike.
- Antioxidant Properties - Kashmiri chili pepper has antioxidant properties that help control and convert the active free radicals in the blood. Including this spice in your daily diet may fulfill your body's requirement for antioxidants, which may lead to longer life spans and better health.
- Rich Source of Minerals - Full of essential minerals like Iron, Potassium, Copper, and Manganese, this spicy little spice can do wonders for the body. Kashmiri Chili Powder may increase the number of Red Blood Cells in the body and thus improve the Oxygen Capacity of these cells.
- Helps in Digestion and Respiration - Kashmiri Chili Powder is a natural cleansing agent, which may clear out all the toxins and waste from our bodies. In addition, this spice may help clear up respiratory problems such as bronchitis or asthma.
- Good for skin and hair - Kashmiri Red chili powder may strengthen immunity, promote collagen production, and may help strengthen hair from the inside out. It is also filled with Vitamin A to keep it moisturizing your scalp - you'll never want to stop eating this spice.
Summing Up On Kashmiri Mirch
Red Kashmiri chili's give food a dark red color without making the dish excessively spicy. The Indian subcontinent is the world's largest producer and consumer of this variety of chili pepper. Kashmiri red chili powder contains dried whole red peppers roasted in sunlight before grinding them into powders. Whole spices of this variety are there in Indian cuisine, and ground spices and powders are available throughout India.
FAQs on Kashmiri Chilli Powder Recipe
Do you think Kashmiri mirch is spicy?
Kashmiri mirch is a chili powder used in India for its bright color and mildly hot flavor. It's similar to paprika but slightly spicier than usual.
Why are Kashmiri chilies so red?
Compared to other variations of chilies, these are much smaller and rounder, but they still lend a deep red color to the foods when added. That's because these chilies are famous for their high color retention, which means they will add some beautiful-bright colors to anything else you want them in.
Is Kashmiri Chili Powder good for health?
Kashmiri Chilli Powder is rich in Vitamin C, which makes it an excellent source of antioxidants and immunity boosters.
What is Kashmiri chili powder used for?
It is used in Indian cuisine to provide a spicy and flavorful addition to curries or other dishes to provide an extra kick of spice and heat.
Is Kashmiri chili powder good for your heart?
For preventing heart disease, spicier foods may be what your body needs. Studies show that the capsaicin in hot peppers can reduce inflammation and decrease the chances of developing heart disease.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.