Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.com
|Golden Caster Sugar||90g|
|Guinness or other stout||90ml|
|Thick Double Cream||serve (optional)|
First, butter four 9 x 5cm ramekins and set them aside. Then tip the butter, chocolate, now a generous pinch of salt into a heatproof bowl.
Then set over a pan of just simmering water then stir until melted, then remove from the heat and leave to cool a little.
- Now put the sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until pale, almost doubled in volume, and thick enough to leave a trail when the beaters are lifted up.
- Then gently fold in the melted chocolate and the Guinness. Then spoon the mixture into the ramekins, and chill in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Then heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 then put a baking tray on the top shelf to heat up.
- Then place the ramekins on the hot baking tray and bake for 18 mins. Then remove from the oven and leave to stand for a minute.
- Then serve with a dollop of cream, if you like. Enjoy!