JHAL MURI MASALA RECIPEJhal muri masala makes this Indian street-style jhal muri the easiest to cook at home. With our ready-to-cook jhal muri masala, you can try it anytime at home with your family.
- Type - Breakfast/ High tea / Evening Snack
- Serve - 2 / 3
- Preparation Time - 5 Minutes
- Total Time - 10 Minutes
Ingredients Used to Make Jhal Muri
- 4 cups - Puffed Rice
- 2 - boiled and mashed Potatoes
- 2 - finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 - finely chopped Green Chilly
- 2 tbsp - finely chopped Onion
- 3 tbsp - fried or roasted Peanuts
- 2 tsp - Alcoeats Jhal Muri Masala
- ½ tsp – Alco Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp – Alco Chaat Masala
- ¼ tsp - Salt
- ¼ tsp - Amchur Powder
- ¼ tsp – Alco Garam Masala
- ¼ tsp – Alco Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp - Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp - Mustard Oil
- 2 tbsp - Fine Sev
- 1 tsp - Coriander Leaves
Jhal Muri Recipe
- Take puffed rice in a large bowl after dry roasting it (if not crispy).
- Add garam masala, cumin powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, chaat masala, amchur powder, salt, and Alcoeats Jhal Muri Masala.
- Add onions, tomatoes, mashed potatoes, and green chili.
- Further add lemon juice, mustard oil, and fine sev to it.
- Finally, add coriander leaves on top.
Mix the mixture well and serve Indian Jhal Muri.
Health Benefits of Jhal Muri Masala
Disclaimer: This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
- Contains Good Carbs - It contains puffed rice in small quantities with fewer carbs and is beneficial to health.
- Good Source of Protein - Jhal muri has good protein sources and contains 24g of protein. Peanuts used in Jhal Muri contain protein in ample amounts.
- Low in Calories - Jhal muri masala is a light dish and low in calories (200kcal). It is not deep fried, so Jhal Muri contains fewer calories.
- Rich source of Fiber- Vegetables such as boiled potatoes, green chilly, and tomatoes are rich in fiber and are suitable for digestion.
- Contains Vitamin & Minerals - Minerals are present in spices used to make Jhal Muri, such as Red chili powder and cumin powder. Vitamins C comes from the lemon juice we add to Jhal Muri.
Summing Up With Jhal Muri Masala
Jhalmuri, or Jhalmudi, is a popular Indian street food that originates predominantly from the Bengal/Kolkata region. It's made using puffed rice as the base and is famous all over India. Jhal Muri is a variation of Bhelpuri, Masala Puri, and other popular puffed rice-based chaat recipes. Jhal Muri is much spicier than Bhel Puri.
Jhal Muri is a great snack food – light, healthy, quick to fix, and bursting with flavor. It's a great combination of high fiber, protein, and complex carbs. A healthy choice to satisfy cravings without compromising your diet gives a quick burst of energy.
We recommend using Alcoeats Jhal Muri Masala to make the best version of Jhal Muri. Add just 2 tsp of alcoeats jhal muri masala to instantly get excellent, tasteful jhal muri and serve it with toppings of sev.
FAQs on Jhal Muri Masala Recipe
Is Jhal Muri the same as Bhel Puri?
Jhal Muri is spicier than Bhel Puri. In Bhel Puri, mashed potatoes are not compulsory, but we use mashed & boiled potatoes in Jhal Muri.
Can Jhal Muri cause weight gain?
Jhal Muri contains puffed rice which is healthy and light in calories. It does not cause weight gain.
Is Jhal Muri suitable for Heart patients?
Jhal Muri is a light snack that does not create any issues for heart patients; instead, it is rich in fiber and low in carbs.
Is Jhal Muri good for diabetes?
Diabetic patients are allowed to have Jhal Muri. It does not cause problems with these patients.
Can Jhal Muri increase blood pressure?
No, Puffed rice in Jhal Muri helps lower blood pressure levels and keep them under control.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.