AUTHENTIC HYDERABADI CHICKEN BIRYANIThe authentic Hyderabadi Biryani begins with a 'kutcha' (uncooked) rice, raw mutton, and different spices, cooked together in an earthenware pot called a 'handi. It combines both Indian (Hyderabadi) and Pakistani (Mughlai) cuisine.
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time - 35 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 40 Minutes
- 500 gms- Chicken Pieces
- 6-7- Black Peppercorns
- 4- Cloves
- 2- Cinnamon sticks
- 3- Cardamom Pods
- 2- Star Anise
- ½ tsp- Cumin Seeds
- ½ cup- Yogurt
- 1 tsp- Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp- Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp- Alcoeats Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp- Alcoeats Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp- Biryani Masala
- Salt- To Taste
- ½ cup- Coriander Leaves
- ½ cup- Mint Leaves
- 2 - Chopped Onions
- 2- Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 cups- Long Grain Basmati Rice
- 3- Bay Leaves
- 3 cups- Water
- ½ cup- Milk
- ½ tsp- Saffron Strands
- ½ cup- Ghee
- Grind black peppercorn, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, and cumin seeds into a fine powder. Chop mint and coriander finely.
- Add dried spices, chopped fresh herbs, and other marinating ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Place the chicken pieces inside and toss them until they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap before storing it in the fridge for at least two hours.
- Wash the rice well. Put some water, along with two bay leaves and a cup of rice in a pan to boil. Reduce the heat when it starts boiling, cover, and let cook for five minutes or until only half cooked. Drain and set aside. Fill an empty bowl with warm milk mixed in with some saffron which should be stirred before setting it apart from other ingredients while they are cooking.
- Add ghee to a large pot with a tight-fitting lid or pressure cooker, heating it over medium-high flame. Stir in onions until they're golden brown for about 10 minutes; drain them on a paper towel when they are done cooking. Then switch the flame to low and add bay leaves, and chilies, and stir for about 3 minutes before removing one tablespoon of ghee from the pot; reserve this for use later on.
- Add the chicken with marinade to the pot and cook for two minutes on each side until no longer pink. Place rice in the bottom of the pan, then layer fried onion, and drizzle ghee mixed with saffron milk before sealing the lid and adjusting the flame to high heat for eight to ten minutes. Reduce heat and continue cooking for five more minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it stand covered for about 15 minutes. Garnish with mint and coriander leaves on top before serving. Your chicken biryani instant pot is ready.
Summing Up on Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani
When cooking chicken dum biryani, one can feel the way it fills up a room with its fragrant aroma. It smells so good when tempered with melted butter and saffron. The chicken has been cooked just right until it melts in your mouth. Well spiced and perfect.
Alcoeats Masala is perfect for making many different varieties of Chicken Biryani, including chicken tikka biryani, chicken 65 biryani, butter chicken biryani, tandoori chicken biryani, and boneless chicken biryani among others. Try your favorite version of chicken biryani with Alcoeats.
Faqs on HYDERABADI CHICKEN BIRYANI
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.