BUTTER CHICKEN: INDIA'S MOST POPULAR CURRY
For Indians, nothing comes remotely close to the sheer joy and satisfaction of having a sumptuous plate of Murgh Makhani to finish a chaotic day. The light aroma of the butter chicken curry wafting across the house transports you to a completely different world.
- Prep Time - 15 mins
- Cook Time - 25 mins
- Total Time - 40 mins
- 4 Cups - Water
- 2 Cups - Chicken Cubes
- 2 Tbsp - Ginger Paste
- 2 Tsp - Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp - Butter
- 2 Tbsp - Heavy Whipping Cream
- 100g- Alcoeats Butter Chicken Gravy
- Marinate the chicken cubes in curd and ginger garlic paste for 15-20 minutes.
- In a bowl, take an Alcoeats Butter Chicken Gravy (100g) pack and mix it thoroughly with water to create a thick and creamy gravy.
- Deep Fry the marinated chicken pieces in a pan for around 5 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a pan.
- Now, add the Alcoeats Butter Chicken gravy and rapidly simmer on medium/high heat.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the gravy and keep stirring continuously for around 6-12 minutes until it thickens or you get your desired consistency. Keep going to avoid burning the dish.
- Take the curry off the flame and slowly pour the cream into a drizzle. Let it idle for 3 minutes.
That's it. Your easy Indian Butter Chicken curry is ready. You can serve it hot and fresh with rice or naan roti.
So, as you may have seen above, with Alcoeats Masalas and ready-to-eat gravies, you can now cook delicious food at home with the assurance of using pure and healthy spices. Alcoeats also offers you a wide range of exotic Indian spices and seasonings that can make your recipes flavorful. The Alcoeats Easy Indie Bowls range of Indian gravy dishes offers containers of top-quality gravies custom-blended to make your food delicious and easy to cook and enjoy for any occasion.
FAQs on Butter Chicken Recipe
Is butter chicken the most popular Indian dish?
Butter Chicken is generally and popularly considered amongst the most popular curries at any Indian restaurant worldwide, along with Chicken Tikka Masala.
Why is butter chicken so famous in India?
Amongst the main reasons for the insane popularity of Butter chicken in India is its use of butter in the preparation. The incredible and mouth watering mix of cream sauce, butter, and spiced tomatoes, added with Alcoeats Butter Chicken gravy, melts in your mouth instantly. If you're a chicken lover, the Indian Butter Chicken curry is a must-have dish.
What is so special about butter chicken?
Butter chicken, also traditionally known as Murg Makhani, is an Indian chicken curry dish that originated in North India. It is a creamy, rich curry made from chicken with spiced tomatoes and butter sauce. Butter Chicken sauce is known for its rich texture.
Which is the most famous chicken dish in India?
Apart from Chicken Tikka Masala, butter chicken, also known by its traditional name of Murg Makhani, is an iconic dish at most restaurants across India.
How spicy is butter chicken?
Indian Butter chicken is flavored and spiced but not spicy. If you dislike spicy curries, you're probably frustrated with ready-made curry powders. But Butter Chicken doesn't use any curry powder. So, it can't be called a "spicy curry".
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.