TANDOORI CHICKEN TIKKA – UNIQUE TWIST TO CHICKEN TIKKA
he fiery red color of tandoori chicken tikka makes it much more pleasing to the eye. But have you ever considered that this widely acclaimed Indian dish is a fusion of popular dishes, such as tandoori chicken and chicken tikka masala?
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken Tikka
- 2 Tbsp - Thick yogurt
- 1 Tbsp - Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp - Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tbsp - Chaat Masala
- 2 Tbsp - Spicy Chicken Indian Simmer Sauce Mix
- 2 Tbsp - Gram flour
- 1 Tbsp - Butter
- 4 - Lemon wedges
- 1 - Onion
- A Small pinch of food color
Method for Tandoori Chicken Tikka
- Add the chicken pieces to a bowl, yogurt, coriander powder, garam masala, and Alcoeats Spicy Chicken Simmer Sauce Mix. Mix all the spices well.
- Add gram flour and food color to marinate chicken well.
- Freeze the marinated chicken for 15 minutes.
- Now, soak the skewers in water.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Skew the chicken pieces continuously onto the skewers and tie them with thread.
- Now grill the chicken in the oven for 12 minutes. Keep twisting the skewers and brush butter on them. At last, season with Chaat Masala.
- Serve it hot with onions and lemon wedges.
Health Benefits of Tandoori Chicken Tikka
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert on what works best for you.
- May Promote Brain Health - Tandoori Chicken Tikka recipe in oven dishes minimizes the intake of fats and carbs but makes up for it by adding fresh herbs and other spices to enhance flavor. It's believed that Tandoori Chicken is good for your brain health. We cannot be sure on this one.
- May Increase Metabolism - Chicken contains a high amount of selenium which may aid in burning calories faster. Selenium increases the metabolism within the body. The natural spices give this type of chicken its tinge without using artificial colors or flavors. The dye should be avoided when making Tandoori chicken since it will affect its color.
- May Help in boosting immunity - Chicken soup has long been known for its ability to cure colds and flu. It also boosts immunity, which in turn clears the nasal passages.
- May produce healthy bones - Besides its high protein supply, chicken is also rich in calcium and phosphorus--two essential minerals for maintaining healthy and strong bones.
- May Work as a Stress Reliever - The presence of tryptophan and Vitamin B5 in the chicken assists greatly with alleviating stress. Indeed, it is also a good source of magnesium, helping ease the symptoms associated with PMS.
Summing Up On Tandoori Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Tandoori Chicken can be served as an appetizer to spice up your Indian cuisine. It pairs well with either a side of green chutney or pickled onions. Some Indian dishes you may want to eat alongside this dish are - pilaf rice, naan bread, and mango chutney.
FAQs on Tandoori Chicken Tikka Recipe
What is exceptional in the tandoori chicken tikka recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor?
Sanjeev Kapoor is a well-known chef who, because of this Tandoori Chicken Tikka recipe that he made, became very popular.
What's the difference between tandoori chicken and chicken tikka?
Chicken tikka is characterized by its use of skinless and boneless pieces of meat taken from the breast. In contrast, you can prepare tandoori chicken in either halves or whole portions.
Is tandoori chicken healthy?
Tandoori chicken, fish, and tandoori paneer are delicious protein sources for those who love Indian cuisine.
What are the ingredients for chicken tikka?
The traditional recipe includes small pieces of marinated chicken, skewered and grilled. This dish differs from Indian Chicken Tikka Masala because it doesn't have heavy cream or tomatoes.
What sets tikka masala apart?
Chicken Tikka is grilled or roasted meat, often marinated in yogurt or spiced water before being cooked on skewers. Masala refers to a sauce made with cream, yogurt, or tomatoes; it can also refer to a spice mixture used to flavor food.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.