TOP 5 GLUTEN-FREE FOOD RECIPES IDEA
A gluten-free diet does not include any food product or ingredient containing gluten. Gluten is a protein present in wheat, barley, and rye. If you have celiac disease or some other medical condition linked to gluten, following a gluten-free diet will help manage those signs or symptoms.
Dutch pediatrician Dr. Willem-Karel Dicke observed that fewer children with celiac disease were experiencing symptoms during wartime than before the war, which had a mortality rate of about 30% when it began. Once the war was over, the mortality rates returned to prewar levels. It led researchers to believe that one of the main things wheat was missing from people's diets during this period.
A gluten-free diet is necessary for celiac disease sufferers and individuals with gluten-related condition. It's also common among those who don't suffer from such medical conditions. Advocates claim the benefits include improved health, weight loss, and increased energy—but more research needs before we can definitively say this.
Doctors began establishing that gluten may be related to some cases of Celiac Disease. It was about how to perform a biopsy that helps identify Celiac Disease patients definitively. Previously, doctors didn't understand what caused Celiac Disease and thought it might just be an allergy to certain foods.
Gluten-free foods claim to improve energy levels, health, and weight loss. However, this diet can change your dietary intake of nutrients, so it is best not to start a gluten-free diet until consulting a physician or other medical expert first.
Top 5 Gluten-Free Food Recipes
Gluten is a protein in many foods, such as wheat, rye, and barley. This protein can cause inflammation in your stomach and be an allergen for some people. Gluten provides bread with its chewy texture and helps make baked goods have elasticity.
- Ragi Roti: Ragi roti is an Indian bread typically made from ragi (or red millet) flour. Ragi is an ancient and nutrient-rich grain native to Southern India with a flavor that makes for a delicious, hearty bread. Making ragi roti at home is not hard—to make this food staple, mix enough water to soften the coarse flour before adding some chopped spring onion and grated carrots or other veggies you might have to lie around (choose whatever suits your taste). Combine everything well before making a pliable dough. Shape the dough into flat disks before flipping them onto an oiled pan over medium heat. Cook both sides until golden brown, then drizzle on some butter while serving hot.
- Veg Pulao: It is a popular rice dish often served at parties and cooked on special occasions. This aromatic rice dish cooks with many spices and vegetables, depending on the region. These days, it's known as either pulao or biryani. Veg Pulao comprises scented basmati rice and onions, carrots, green peas, and other Indian spices like coriander seeds, cumin seeds (jeera), cardamom pods (elaichi), and bay leaf (tej patta). Just cook the items separately, then combine them all when done. A favorite spice of south India is turmeric powder (haldi), which turns everything yellow-golden brown after cooking.
- Tandoori Chicken: Traditionally, it was made by cooking the marinaded chicken in a clay oven called tandoor (old way). The marination consisted of using thick yogurt, spices, and mustard oil. Today you can prepare this recipe without using a tandoor or grill the chicken breasts with soaked cumin seeds, ginger-garmon paste, Kashmiri red chili powder, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, salt/pepper according to taste. Refrigerate in the fridge for 45 minutes, then preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Brush an oily baking tray before placing the marinated chicken on top of it. Bake and enjoy with fried onions and slices of lemons.
- Sabudane ki Khichdi: Sabudana Khichdi is a popular Indian dish consisting of boiled potatoes and soaked garbanzo beans. It is often eaten for breakfast or as a fast-food option during certain Hindu events. Sabudana has no taste, odor, or texture in its raw form. Sabudana's khichdi is a gluten-free diet comprising gluten-free grains. This wholesome khichdi is a delicious meal for lunch made with tapioca, whole spices, potatoes, and curry leaves.
- Masala Chickpea Curry Recipe: Chana Masala is a classic North Indian-style chickpea curry. This dish is gluten-free and rich in nutrients, including protein, fiber, and minerals. Chana masala contains onion, garlic powder, garam masala, ground bay leaves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds (optional), black peppercorns (optional), red chili flakes (optional), coriander seed powder, or ground coriander. Once all the ingredients are together, it makes for an enticing flavor that will leave you wanting more.
Summing Up On Gluten-Free Recipes
Gluten is a protein in grains such as rice, oats, and buckwheat. Additionally, many vegetables are gluten-free foods. These include cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, bell pepper, mushrooms, carrots, and radishes. This list does not include legumes or eggs if you want to maintain a gluten-free diet.
People with a wheat allergy should avoid certain gluten foods and choose products like wheat-free bread. Wheat triggers an immune response, which can cause symptoms such as a skin rash, sneezing, or headaches They can still eat gluten in other grains, such as barley and rye.
Visit Alcoeats to find a wide range of gluten-free products, including spices, cashews, and gravies. Make your gluten-free journey exciting with us! Shop online today.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS