VEGETABLE KORMA: CHICKEN KORMA SUBSTITUTE FOR VEGETARIAN
Looking for Veg alternatives? This delicious Indian Vegetable Korma recipe calls for potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, peas, and green beans. Make sure you have enough naan to dip into the rich, creamy coconut sauce!
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking time - 20 Minutes
FOR THE CURRY PASTE
- 1 cup - chopped onions
- 1 - Green Chilli
- 1 ½ - inch Ginger
- 3 - cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup - Cashew Nuts
- ½ cup - Water
- 1 cup - diced Potato
- 1 cup - diced carrot
- ½ cup - Green Peas fresh or frozen
- 1 cup - Cauliflower Florets
- ½ cup - French Beans cut into 1 ½ inch pieces
- 2 ½ - cups Water
- 2 tbsp - Ghee
- 2 tbsp - Curry Powder
- ½ tsp - Turmeric Powder
- ½ tbsp - Garam Masala
- 2 tsp - Kashmiri Chili Powder
- ½ tsp - Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ tsp - Cardamom Powder
- 1 ½ tsp - Salt
- 1 cup - chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. - Fresh Cream
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
- Boil the ingredients for the paste in ½ cup of water, cool, and then make a paste
- Boil the Potato in 2 ½ cups of water for 3 minutes in a medium-sized pot; add the carrots and green peas to the pot with the Potato and boil for another 3 minutes.
- Next, add the cauliflower and the beans to this same pot and boil for another 3 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large skillet or pan.
- Add the prepared paste and all the spices (curry powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, chili powder, cinnamon powder, and cardamom powder). Cook, occasionally stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the ghee separates. You may add a couple of tablespoons of water if required to prevent the masala from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the vegetables, the tomatoes, and 1 cup of water and cook covered for another 3-4 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the Cream.
- Garnish with the chopped Coriander and serve hot with steamed rice or lachha parathas.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF VEGETABLE KORMA
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
A serving dish of a mixed veg korma is made of numerous ingredients easily found in your kitchen, but how is this dish so healthy? Because of its star ingredients:
- French Beans: French beans have a lot of folic acids. It may work well to lose weight, treat high cholesterol, manage blood sugar, and relieve constipation. Folic acid is equally essential to producing red blood cells as iron. Therefore a deficit may cause anemia.
- Carrots: Carrots include the nutrient beta carotene, a kind of vitamin A that may help prevent night blindness and the degradation of the eye with age. For the eyes, carrots are excellent. They may decrease cholesterol, lower blood pressure, and relieve constipation.
- Green peas: Green peas are a fantastic source of vegetarian protein, good for weight loss, and provide the insoluble fiber that helps with constipation. Green peas, cow peas, mung, chickpeas, and kidney beans are legumes that may decrease cholesterol.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are a prosperous source of lycopene. Tomatoes are a potent antioxidant, incredibly high in vitamin C, and may be beneficial for the heart.
- Ginger: Ginger helps indigestion. It enables the swallowed food to pass quickly for a better digestion process. It may create a healthy intestinal wall that may prevent all digestive diseases.
- Turmeric has an anti-inflammatory compound that can fight against all kinds of inflammation. It is suitable for healthy bones and may help cure gas and bloating.
- Fennel Seeds: It has major cancer-fighting compounds like anethole. It contains high fiber, which may be good for your heart, and also may contain antibacterial properties.
- Cinnamon: This tiny tree bark can improve fungal infection, control sugar levels, and contain powerful antioxidants.
- Cumin seeds: Cumin seeds contain natural antioxidants; they may help to reduce your cholesterol level and are very good for weight loss.
This hotel-style Indian veggie korma is very popular & is loved by most people for its unique aroma & taste. Whether served at family meals or as a way to honor guests, this delicious dish is a part of every special South Indian meal. It pairs wonderfully well with naan, plain basmati rice, coconut rice, jeera rice, or other rice dishes. The key ingredients to make a flavorful vegetable korma are tempering spices like bay leaf, star anise, cardamoms, cloves, and cinnamon. These spices and coconut paste bring a wonderful aroma to the dish.
Faqs on Vegetable Kurma
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.