CREAMY CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
Win over dinner guests with this simple yet delicious Tuscan chicken recipe! Juicy, succulent chicken breasts are seasoned with Italian spices and seared until they turn golden.
- Servings - 4
- Prep Time - 20 minutes
- Cook Time - 25 minutes
- Total Time - 45 minutes
- ½ -cup all-purpose flour
- 2 -teaspoons salt (or more as per taste)
- 1 -teaspoon ground pepper
- 1-½ -pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts (thin-sliced)
- 2 -tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -tablespoon Chicken Masala
- 1 -tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 -cup chicken broth
- ¾ -cup heavy cream
- 2 -tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 -tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- ½ -cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (more while serving)
- 2 -cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1-pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved (or quartered, if large)
- ½ -pound cooked hot pasta (optional)
- ¼ -cup chopped fresh parsley
- Take a shallow bowl and combine the flour, pepper, and salt in it.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan/skillet on high/medium-high heat.
- Dredge the chicken cutlets in the flour mixture. Once the oil gets hot, cook the cutlets in the pan for about 2 minutes on each side till they turn golden brown, and are almost cooked through (though not completely cooked, i.e., there should still be some pink bits in the center). Transfer the cutlets to a large plate once they get cooked.
- Turn down the heat to medium and add in the garlic. Stir for a minute till you can smell the garlic.
- Add the chicken broth and stir such that any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan get released into the liquid. Stir in the cream, oregano, and basil, and slowly add the Parmesan cheese, sprinkling it slowly as you stir. Let it simmer and cook. Keep stirring frequently till the sauce thickens, or about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and spinach now, and let it simmer for another 2 minutes, till the spinach wilts, and everything mixes well.
- Put the chicken back into the pan, along with any juices that may have collected, ensuring that it’s mostly (try completely) covered by the sauce. Cook for 2-3 minutes more till the chicken is hot and cooked through completely.
- That’s all! Serve delicious hot Tuscan chicken over hot pasta (if you have made pasta) or move it to a serving dish.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot with extra Parmesan cheese passed around as the side.
Calories: 553kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 170mg | Sodium: 1851mg | Potassium: 1125mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 4mg
Faqs on Creamy Chicken with Cherry Tomatoes
• Lemon Parmesan Roasted Broccoli
• Simple Roasted Green Beans
• Cooked pasta of choice
• Garlic Bread.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.