CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA NAAN HACK
Mouthwatering chicken tikkas are wrapped in delicious, buttery naans to truly make this dish an epic experience! Naan allows you to really load your wraps, and they’re also amazingly buttery and soft, so they give that perfect texture for a delicious wrap.
- Prep Time- 30 minutes.
- Cook Time- 30 minutes.
For the naan
- 1 sachet of instant dried yeast
- 125ml warm water
- 1 tsp. Honey
- 250g plain flour
- 3 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- A pinch of salt
For the chicken tikka
- 30g ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp- Alcoeats hot chili powder
- 30ml rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. coconut oil (for brushing)
- 3 chicken breasts (cubed)
- (Suggestion for Chicken tikka masala buy- Alcoeats Tikka Masala Powder)
- Greek yogurt
- Red onion
- For the naans – Combine yeast and honey with some warm water in a mug or small bowl and leave for 5 minutes for the yeast to activate.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the naan flour with a teaspoon of salt and create a small well by using the end of a wooden spatula.
- Add the yeast mix and some Greek yogurt into the well and gradually mix the flour in from all sides.
- Once thoroughly mixed, knead the flour on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes. Cover and set the dough aside for an hour, it has doubled in size.
- After an hour, take the dough and divide it into balls and shape the balls into naans on a lightly floured surface, using your hands.
- Now, heat a non-stick pan on very high heat and place one naan on the pan. Turn your naan on each side and cook it for around 3-4 minutes, brushing with some oil on each side. Repeat this process with the other naans too.
- For the chicken tikka, put all tikka marinade ingredients in a blender and blend until the ingredients become smooth.
- Transfer the tikka marinade to a bowl with the chicken cubes and mix thoroughly till the chicken is completely coated. If you have time on your hands, you can marinate your chicken at this point too. Not compulsory though.
- Heat your griddle to high heat and add your chicken. Leave the chicken to grill for 5 minutes before you start turning the pieces. Keep brushing oil over the chicken chunks throughout this process.
- Add the chicken tikka to the naans. Garnish it with coriander, red onion slices, and Greek yogurt, then fold everything into a mouthwatering chicken tikka naan roll. Enjoy!
Can you make tandoori chicken wraps well before time?
Absolutely! To store your wrap, store the naan (or whatever bread you’re using) and chicken separately from the other toppings. This is because lettuce, tomatoes, chutney sauce, and other fresh ingredients, will not taste pleasant when they’re warmed up.
The best way to prepare these wraps ahead of time is to reheat the naan and the chicken. Then, wrap the chicken, spread the yogurt sauce, and finally, add the remaining toppings. Doing this will avoid any sogginess in the naan. Tandoori Chicken Tikka Naan will stay good in the fridge for 3-4 days.
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.