|September 26, 2022
Pumpkin Pie Easy Recipe
Let's Make Pumpkin Pie Easy Recipe.
Note: All highlighted ingredients are available at alcoeats.com
Pumpkin Pie Easy RecipeFill a sweet shortcrust pastry tart case with lightly spiced squash to make a traditional American treat.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Pumpkin/Butternut Squash - 700g
- Sweet Short crust Pastry - 300g
- Plain Flour - for dusting
- Caster Sugar - 140g
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Fresh Nutmeg - ½ tsp grated
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 2
- Butter, Melted - 25g
- Milk - 175ml
- Icing Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- First, place the pumpkin in a large pan, cover it with water and bring to a boil. Then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Now drain the pumpkin, let it cool.
- Then heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas. Then roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 15 mins.
- Then line the pastry with baking parchment and baking beans, then bake for 15 mins. Then remove the beans and paper, and cook for a further 10 mins until the base is golden and biscuity.
- Then remove from the oven then allow to cool. Now increase oven to 220C/200C fan/gas. Then push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a bowl. Then in a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, nutmeg, and half the cinnamon. Then mix in the beaten eggs, milk, melted butter, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine.
- Then pour into the tart shell and cook for 10 mins, after then reduce the temperature to 180C/160C fan/gas. Then continue to bake for 35-40 mins until the filling has just set.
- Now leave to cool, then remove the pie from the tin. Then mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie, Then serve chilled and enjoy!
FOR MORE RECIPES:
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.