CAN I HAVE CHICKEN KORMA ON A KETO DIET?
A ketogenic diet is taking a new pace in today's generation. It is a special diet where you consume low carbs, but you can also consume high amounts of fats. A keto diet can help you lose sheer quantities of fat, making your body lighter and healthier in the long run.
So can you eat Chicken Korma or, as we like to call it, "Creamy Chicken"? Yes, You can. But there is a catch to it. It would be best if you prepared it a certain way.
Before eating chicken korma curry on a keto diet, let's learn about the ketogenic diet.
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat diet with low carbohydrate content. It offers many health benefits. It involves cutting away the carbohydrate intake and using fat as a replacement. This carbohydrate drop puts your body into a metabolic state named "ketosis." When ketosis happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat and transforming it into energy. It also turns fat into ketones, supplying power to the brain.
The Keto diet may cause a drop in blood sugar and insulin levels.
Types Of Ketogenic Diets
The four types of ketogenic diets include:
- Standard ketogenic diet (SKD) is very low carb, moderate protein, and high fat.
- Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD) involves periods of higher carb—for example, five ketogenic days followed by two high-carb days.
- Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD) allows you to add carbs around workouts.
- High-protein ketogenic diet is like a regular diet but includes more protein.
9 Foods To Strictly Avoid When On Keto Diet
You should avoid any food item with rich carbohydrates from the diet. Here's a food list that needs to reduce or eliminated while on a ketogenic diet:
- Avoid having Legumes and Lentils.
- Avoid starches and Grains like pasta, cereals, rice, or wheat-based products.
- Avoid soda, cake, pastries, fruit juices, smoothies, ice cream, and candy.
- Do not consume Condiments like barbecue sauce, honey mustard, teriyaki sauce, and ketchup.
- Do not consume Unhealthy fats like vegetable oils, mayonnaise, and similar food items.
- Do not include Beans like peas, kidney beans, and chickpeas.
- Ignore Sugar-free diet foods like sugar-free candies, syrups, puddings, and desserts.
- Refrain from having sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in your diet.
- Avoid Alcohol like beer, wine, liquor, and mixed drinks.
9 Foods You Can Eat When On A Keto Diet
- Meat - Red meat, Chicken, steak, ham, sausage, bacon, and turkey
- Omega 3 Fatty fish- Salmon, trout, tuna, and mackerel
- Healthy Oil - Avocado, extra virgin olive, and coconut oil.
- Nuts - Almonds and walnuts
- Seeds - Chia seeds, Flaxseeds, and pumpkin seeds.
- Eggs and Avocados
- Condiments - Salt, pepper, herbs, and spices
- Unprocessed Cheese - Cheddar, goat, cream, blue, or mozzarella
- Low-carb veggies - Green, leafy vegetables, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and similar.
What Is Chicken Korma?
Korma is a special South Asian meal that originates from Mughlai cuisine. The term 'korma' (or qorma) translates to 'braising' or pan-searing. To prepare it in the Pakistani and North Indian style, chicken is first sautéed in ghee or oil with whole spices. Then, a mixture of yogurt and fried onions is added to create a flavorful and creamy curry.
The white chicken korma is a variation of the classic red chicken korma that uses onion paste, a blend of garam masala, and a paste made from cashews, almonds, and yogurt. This version has a milder taste with hints of kewra and cardamom.
Chicken Korma Ingredients are readily available in every pantry. For the easy Chicken Korma, cook chicken with cardamom, cloves, garlic, coriander, chili powder, ginger paste, fried onions, and yogurt. It is then flavored with saffron; this chicken korma is the perfect dinner dish to cook on weekends.
Eating Chicken Korma When On Keto Diet?
Including lean meat like Chicken won't affect your keto diet. So, no such question exists if one can eat chicken shahi korma on a diet like this. In contrast, a new dish that evolved over the years, "keto healthy chicken korma," is, in fact, very delicious and a savory chicken dish in a creamy, Indian spiced sauce with keto options.
Keto Chicken Shahi Korma is a tasty, Low carb, gluten-free recipe paired fantastically with keto options. The Tangy and flavorful chicken dish has unique Indian spices and is delicious when served with rice, naan, tandoori roti, etc. Now, let's look at the process of making keto chicken korma masala:
- Cook Chicken with various spices such as cardamom, cloves, garlic, coriander, chili powder, ginger paste, and onions.
- Use saffron for finishing up.
- Opt for yogurt instead of heavy cream.
- Use ghee or virgin olive oil instead of regular oil.
You can do all this yourself or get yourself Creamy Chicken from Alcoeats.
Summing Up on Chicken Korma and Keto Diet
Chicken Korma is a delicious gravy dish with a rich yogurt, nuts, and spices blend. Originating from the Mughal era, it's an excellent choice for a dinner party because it's simple, fast, and hassle-free to prepare.
Kormas are for exceptional occasions, like weddings or grand parties, and rightfully so! They are so rich and luxurious. Chicken pieces are gently simmered in a rich, creamy sauce with layers of sweet and spicy flavors.
Due to differences in climate, spices, and crops in India, the korma recipe has evolved to incorporate more spices, such as coriander and cumin. Additionally, some variations of korma include a combination of meat and vegetables, such as spinach and turnips.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS