CAN I HAVE CHICKEN KORMA ON A KETO DIET?
What is a Ketogenic Diet?
A ketogenic diet is taking a new pace in today's generation. It is a unique kind of diet where you consume low carbs, but also you can consume high amounts of fats. While on a keto diet, you can expect to lose sheer quantities of fat from your body, making your body lighter and healthier in the long run. So can you eat Chicken Korma or, as we like to call it, "Creamy Chicken". Yes, You can. But there is a catch to it. You need to prepare it a certain way. Now, before eating chicken korma on a keto diet, let's learn about the ketogenic diet.
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat diet with low carbohydrate content that offers many health benefits. It is known as the keto diet, as stated above. It involves cutting away the carbohydrate intake and using fat as a replacement. This carbohydrate drop puts your body into a metabolic state named "ketosis." When ketosis happens, your body becomes extraordinarily efficient at burning fat and transforming it into energy. It also turns fat into ketones, supplying power to the brain.
Here are a few things to watch out for:
The Keto diet may cause substantial drops in blood sugar and insulin levels.
Types of Ketogenic Diets:
The four types of ketogenic diets include:
- A standard ketogenic diet (SKD): is very low carb, moderate protein, and high fat.
- A cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): involves periods of higher carb, such as five ketogenic days followed by two high-carb days.
- A targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): allows you to add carbs around workouts.
- A high-protein ketogenic diet is similar to a regular diet but includes more protein.
9 Foods to Strictly Avoid When on Keto Diet
You should avoid any food item with rich carbohydrates from the diet. Here's a food list that needs to reduce or eliminated while on a ketogenic diet:
- Avoid having Legumes and Lentils.
- Avoid starches and Grains like pasta, cereals, rice, or wheat-based products.
- Avoid Sugary foods like soda, cake, pastries, fruit juices, smoothies, ice cream, and candy.
- Do not consume Condiments like barbecue sauce, honey mustard, teriyaki sauce, and ketchup.
- Do not consume Unhealthy fats like vegetable oils, mayonnaise, and similar food items.
- Do not include Beans like peas, kidney beans, and chickpeas.
- Ignore Sugar-free diet foods like sugar-free candies, syrups, puddings, and desserts.
- Refrain from having Root vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots, and parsnips in your diet.
- Strictly avoid Alcohol like beer, wine, liquor, and mixed drinks.
9 Foods You Can Eat When on a Keto Diet:
Eating Chicken Korma When on Keto Diet?
Including lean meat like Chicken won't affect your ketogenic diet. So, no such question exists if one can eat chicken korma on a diet like this. In contrast, a new dish that evolved over the years, "keto chicken korma," is, in fact, very delicious and a savory chicken dish in a creamy, Indian spiced sauce with keto options.
Keto Chicken Korma is a tasty, Low carb, gluten-free recipe paired fantastically with keto options. The Tangy and flavorful chicken dish has unique Indian spices and is delicious when served with rice, naan, tandoori roti, etc. Now, let's look at the process of making keto chicken korma:
- Chicken is cooked in a host of spices such as cardamom, cloves, garlic, coriander, chili powder, ginger paste, and onions.
- Use saffron for finishing up.
- Opt for yogurt instead of heavy cream.
- Use ghee or virgin olive oil instead of regular oil.
You can do all this yourself or get yourself Creamy Chicken from Alcoeats.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the rules of the keto diet?
It limits carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams daily (depending on your body weight etc.) and fills up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils. It's also significant to negotiate your protein consumption.
Who cannot do the keto diet?
The Keto diet is precisely not advisable for the ones with extra high levels of blood glucose, diabetes type 1 or type 2, who are taking regular doses of Insulin, Metformin supplements, and other states of medicine since the Keto diet can have unfavorable consequences on the medication.
Are Indian curries keto-friendly?
Most Indian curries are keto-friendly since they have a healthy combination of vegetables, paneer, tofu, and lean meat, like chicken. If any curry doesn't fall under this umbrella, you can always replace the unhealthy ingredients with better options like yogurt.
Is Chapati keto-friendly?
Made from wheat flour, chapatis are low in carbohydrates and rich in fiber, making them somewhat keto-friendly. It further depends on the flour that you may use in making this chapatis.
Can I eat curry on keto?
Indian curries are friends with the ketogenic diet. If you can do away with ingredients like heavy cream, coconut milk, and extra oil, you can enjoy your favorite curries guilt-free.
JOIN THE ALCOEATS REVOLUTION and Get 30% OFF
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Alcoeats news and more!