THE BEST AUTHENTIC CHICKEN KORMA
Chicken korma is a true delight to the meat eaters. The succulent chicken pieces dipped in the savory and spicy curry give the next level of experience. Pair authentic chicken korma with steamed rice or any Indian flatbreads.
- Serves- 4
- Preparation Time- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time- 35-40 Minutes
For The Marination,
- 500 Gms- Chicken pieces
- 3 Tbsp- Curd
- 1 Tsp- Alco garam masala
- ¼ Tsp- Alco turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp- Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 Tsp- Alco Kashmr red chili powder
- ½ Tsp- Salt
For The Mixture,
- 2- Green cardamom
- 1 ½ Tbsp- Ghee or clarified butter
- 1 Cup- Onions (Sliced)
- 6-10- Cashews
- ¼ Cup- Curd
- 3-4- Almonds
For the Korma,
- 2 Tbsp- Ghee or oil
- 4- Cloves
- 1-2- Bay leaves
- 2 inch- Cinnamon stick
- 1- Black cardamom
- 1-2- Green chilies
- 1 Cup- Hot water
- ½ Tsp- Alco garam masala
- 1 Tsp- Alco coriander powder
- ½ Tsp- Alco Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ Cup- Chopped coriander leaves
- To Taste- Salt
Step-by-Step Instructions for a Perfect Chicken Korma
- Firstly, marinate the chicken with chicken pieces, curd, ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, garam masala, and Kashmiri red chili powder in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients in the bowl well and let them marinate for 2-3 hours for maximum taste.
- Heat a pan, add oil and cardamoms, thinly sliced onions, and saute until they become brown.
- Add almonds and cashews to the pan and saute the ingredients altogether.
- Let them cool down completely before the next step.
- Place the sauteed onions and nuts in a mixer jar with curd to make a smooth paste.
- If required, you can add water to make a smooth mixture.
- Add oil or ghee to the same pan over a medium flame.
- Add bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon stick to the pan and saute until they become aromatic.
- Add marinated chicken and green chilies to the pan.
- Saute the ingredients for five to six minutes until the ginger-garlic paste's raw smell disappears.
- Now, add the paste made from onions, nuts, and curd.
- Add hot water and mix everything well.
- Add Alco garam masala, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
- Mix everything well and let the ingredients heat properly.
- Cover the pan lid, and cook until the chicken pieces become soft and the oil separates.
- Check if the korma is ready or add hot water if required to give proper consistency.
- Spread chopped coriander leaves from the top.
- Serve with steamed rice, jeera rice, or any Indian flatbread, like naan, kulcha, or chapati.
Pro Tips on Chicken Korma
- Try to use chicken with bones to get the deliciousness of the complete chicken pieces.
- If you are allergic to nuts, use coconut milk or more curd to get the same consistency.
- A creamy texture of a korma comes from the curd and nuts mixture.
- Fry all the sliced onions evenly to get the aroma.
- If you want to make chicken korma quickly, skip the marination part.
An Indian dish with vegetables like onions, green chilies, and tomatoes, to nuts like almonds and cashews mixed with korma spice mix results in the lip-smacking Chicken Korma. In Urdu, Korma means ‘to braise,’ so the chicken pieces are braised first in a chicken korma.
Many spices used in making this Korma dish are turmeric powder, coriander powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, and whole spices, such as cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, etc., making the dish outstanding.
The basic taste of chicken korma includes the mildest of flavors. The typical chicken korma curry has a mild spicy flavor from Kashmiri red chili powder. The spice level can be easily adjustable according to the preference.
When planning to prepare an excellent Chicken korma of restaurant style at home. Don’t stress yourself about the ingredients. Get all the desired spices like turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, and garam masala from Alcoeats. We offer a wide range of fresh and authentic Indian masalas for your recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.