EASY MADRAS CHICKEN CURRY RECIPEChicken Madras is a delicious, fragrant, and medium-hot curry made quickly at home in one pan. Blending the onion gives you a fantastic sauce with a rich texture that melts in your mouth. It's perfect for dinner every day.
Ingredients You Need To Make Madras Chicken Curry
- 500 gms - Chopped Chicken
- 2 - Tomatoes
- 1 - Chopped Onions
- 2 Tbsp - Ginger Garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp - Peanut Oil
- ½ Tbsp - Fennel Seeds
- 3 - Cloves
- 3 - Cardamom
- 2- Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 - Curry Leaves
- 6 - Green Chillies
- 4 Tbsp - Ground Shredded Coconut Paste
- ¼ Cup - Water
- ½ Tsp - Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tbsp - Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp - Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- 1 Cup - Chopped Coriander
How To Make Easy Madras Chicken Curry
- Cut a half kilogram of bone-in chicken into pieces. Please place them in a pressure cooker along with two finely grated tomatoes.
- Add Ginger-Garlic paste to it.
- Add Turmeric, Red Chilli, and Coriander powder to it.
- Add in one finely chopped onion and the masala powders. Add the salt. Add two cups of water.
- Mix all the ingredients and cover with a tight-fitting lid. Pressure cook for four whistles before reducing heat to medium, cooking for an additional seven or eight minutes. Let the mixture cool before removing from the pot and setting it aside.
- Heat the Oil in a pot, then add the fennel seeds, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon. Allow them to sputter before adding in the cooked chicken curry.
- Add the curry leaves, green chilies, and coconut paste to the dish and let it simmer for 5 minutes before turning off the stove. Garnish with coriander leaves at the end.
Summing Up On Easy Madras Chicken Curry Recipe
Spicy Madras Curry Recipe is excellent over a heaping scoop of freshly made Basmati Rice with plenty of Naan bread on the side for dipping and soaking up all the tasty sauce.
Madras Curry powder is usually pretty hot and spicy; however, if you don't want the spice but still want all the other flavors, you can substitute it with Mild Curry Powder. It means adding Garlic, Ginger, Cinnamon, Tamarind, Paprika, and Fenugreek while mixing well together.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.