SWEET STICKY AND SPICY CHICKEN SAUCESweet, Sticky, and Spicy Chicken Sauce is an easy-to-make appetizer and part or main coarse dish that will burst a bomb of flavors in your mouth. It satiates all the pallets and makes a perfect option to add to your meals.
- Course - Main Course
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Servings - 4
- 1 pound - Chicken thighs cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/3 cup - Cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Six cloves - Garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon - Ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon - Red chili flakes
- 3 dried - red peppers, optional
For the Sauce
- 6 tablespoons - Rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons - Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon - Hot sauce
- 1/2 cup - Water
- 4 tablespoons - Brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Cornstarch
- Toss the chicken thighs with the cornstarch in a large mixing bowl until every piece of chicken is coated. Place aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the "Sauce" ingredients and whisk. Place aside.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a big pan to cover the bottom. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry until crispy and brown on medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, reserving one tablespoon of the oil and discarding the rest.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes, and simmer over low heat for approximately 30 seconds or until the garlic begins to smell. Stir constantly, being careful not to burn the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Give the sweet and spicy sauce a brief toss and add it to the pan.
- Stir to coat the chicken thoroughly for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve hot with steamed or fried rice.
What to serve with Sweet, Sticky, Spicy Chicken?
Our sweet sticky, Spicy Chicken Sauce also serves as a dip in this dish. You can use it to coat the chicken or as a side dish.
For dinner, you can also serve it as a main course with plain or fried rice and veggies like broccoli and carrots. It also pairs well with Veggie-tossed noodles. Sauteed vegetables are also a healthy option. Regardless of how you serve it, ensure you have plenty of napkins, or you'll be sucking your finger clean! Makes a perfect side dish for or a part of the main course to your Christmas and New Year Party.
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Sauce is a restaurant-quality dinner that tastes better than any takeaway and can be made in 30 minutes in the comfort of your home. Simple ingredients are low-cost and ideal for busy weekday dinners when you want to cook less and eat more. If you're looking for more easy-to-cook recipes, then Alcoeats is your spot. Alcoeats has a range of natural spices that can add an aromatic and flavourful experience to your culinary skills. Endless options of Easy Indie Bowl Instant Gravy mixes that can ease your cooking and save you time. Instant gravies make your complex recipes easy so that you can cook something new in your kitchen daily.
FAQs on Instant Pot Butter Chicken Recipe
If hot sauce isn't accessible, what works best for the recipe?
In place of the hot sauce, combine 1.5 teaspoons of spicy red chili paste (ghost pepper) with one teaspoon of vinegar.
How can I tell if the chicken is cooked correctly?
Deep fry the chicken for around 15-18 minutes, checking for an internal temperature of 70-75°C.
Can I prepare it in advance?
Absolutely! Allow the dish to cool before storing it. Then, transfer it to an airtight container, and store it in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How can I make the chicken crispy?
It is critical to coat the chicken uniformly with corn starch; this will serve as the breading for the chicken and give it that crispy texture.
How can I make this recipe healthier?
To make the recipe healthy, skip the cornstarch and frying and cook the chicken in the sauce. It won't be as crispy, but it'll still taste great.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.