MAKE SOFT SHELL BEEF TACOS
Learn how to make these soft, pillowy tacos with ground beef, homemade taco seasoning, and all your favorite classic toppings!
How to make delicious soft shell beef tacos
- Total Time - 40 minutes
- Prep Time - 10 minutes
- Cook Time - 30 minutes
For the Taco Beef
- 1 tbsp - Extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ medium - Onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves - Garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ - Sweet red bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb. - Ground beef
- 2 tsp - Alcoeats Kashmiri chili powder
- 1-½ tsp - Alcoeats cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp - Crushed chili pepper flakes or cayenne
- ½ tsp - Mexican or regular oregano
- 1 tsp - Kosher salt or seasoning salt
- 3-4 - Corn or flour tortillas
For the Taco Toppings
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Grated cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced sweet onions
- Diced fresh avocado
- Sour cream
- Take a large cast-iron skillet and heat it on the stovetop on medium heat. Once the skillet is preheated, add 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Once the olive oil is hot, toss in some fresh garlic, diced onion, and bell peppers. Cook while stirring occasionally, till the onions are translucent and the veggies turn soft.
- Take the ground beef out of its package and add it to the skillet. Use a spatula/large spoon to break the meat into smaller pieces and cook until the beef becomes brown.
- Drain the excess grease carefully from your pan before adding the seasoning. Pour the excess oil into a container for disposal later.
- Now, add in the beef seasoning – Alcoeats kashmiri chili powder, Alcoeats cumin powder, Mexican oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Cook the mix for about 2-3 mins, then taste and adjust the seasoning as per preferences.
- Now, scoop out some of the ground beef and place it on your taco shell, then top it with your preferred toppings – i.e., grated cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream.
- Done! Serve and enjoy this easy soft beef taco recipe!
Calories: 407kcal | Total Fat: 25g | Sodium: 903mg | Carbohydrates: 12g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 33g
frequently asked questions
• Spanish Tortillas
• Flour Tortilla
• Corn Tortilla
• Nopal Tortillas
• Beetroot Tortilla
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.