|September 26, 2022
Slow-Cooker Collard Greens Recipe
This Slow-Cooker Collard Greens recipe is the perfect way to enjoy the healthy and delicious greens. The recipe is simple to follow and yields a flavorful and hearty dish. The slow cooker allows the greens to cook slowly and evenly, resulting in tender and flavorful greens. This dish is perfect for a winter meal and can be served with rice or potatoes.
Let's Make Slow-Cooker Collard Greens.
Note: All ingredients in blue are available at alcoeats.com
Slow-Cooker Collard Greens RecipeTo cook Collard Greens There are many delicious ways, but this is the best-known way to do it in MLK day Special. So try this Slow-Cooker Collard Greens Recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- Collard Green - 1.5 kg (washed)
- Yellow Onion - 1 large
- Ham - 900g
- Brown Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper - ½ teaspoon
- ALCO Vegetable Seasoning - 1 tbsp
- Apple Cider Vinegar - 3 tablespoons
- Chicken Broth - 900 mL
- First, remove the stems from the collard greens.
- Then stack the leaves on top of each other and roughly chop.
- Then add the collard greens to a slow cooker with the ham hocks.
- Then add onion, brown sugar, red chili powder, salt, chicken broth, and apple cider vinegar.
- Then cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours, until the greens are tender.
- Then remove the ham hocks from the slow cooker.
- Then trim and discard any fat and bones, roughly chop the meat and return to the greens. Toss to incorporate.
- Serve warm. Enjoy!
FOR MORE RECIPES:
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
GET 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.