AIR FRYER CHICKEN NUGGETS
Are you looking for a tastier yet healthier way to enjoy homemade chicken nuggets air fryer? This easy Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets recipe is seasoned to perfection and cooked in the air fryer until perfectly golden and crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Chicken – Ideally, use chicken breasts, but chicken tenderloins or thighs also work.
- Breadcrumbs – Regular breadcrumbs are good enough.
- Spices – Use a homemade blend of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. This combination adds that much-needed delicious flavor to the breadcrumbs.
- Eggs – Dipping the chicken pieces in an egg and milk mixture helps your breadcrumbs stick to the chicken.
- Milk – You can substitute water, pickle juice, or any other milk alternative, if needed.
- Olive oil cooking spray – Spraying the bread-covered chicken nuggets with olive oil spray is the secret to achieving a crispy breading! If you don't have the spray handy, gently brush or drizzle nuggets with olive oil.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COOKING
- Toss chicken in egg and milk mixture – Doing this before dredging them in breadcrumbs helps the breading stick tightly to the chicken nuggets.
- Roll chicken in breadcrumbs – Working with one nugget at a time, transfer the chicken pieces to your breadcrumbs mixture to fully cook the chicken. For maximum coating, move the chicken nuggets back to the egg mixture, coating them from all sides, then roll them again in the breading. This creates the thickest possible layer of coating.
- Air fry chicken nuggets – After you coat each piece of chicken, place it in the air fryer and fry them at 400˚F for about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Alcoeats Peri Peri Cajun Seasoning to add a delicious flavor to chicken nuggets.
- That’s it! Enjoy finger-licking chicken nuggets with your favorite dipping sauce!
Faqs on Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.