CHEESY POTATO TIN MUFFIN STACK RECIPEMuffin Tin Mashed Potatoes are the perfect recipe for utilizing leftover mashed potatoes! All you need is 2 ½ cups of leftover mashed potatoes, and you can turn them into a dozen mashed potato cups.
- Prep Time - 10 mins
- Cook Time - 40 mins
- Total Time - 50 mins
- Servings - 12 muffins
- 3 cups - Leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 large - Egg
- 1 cup - Shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 Tablespoons - Chopped fresh chives, divided
Method of cooking
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the mashed potatoes, egg, ¾ cup cheddar cheese, and 2 tablespoons chopped chives together. Season this mixture with salt and pepper.
- Now, divide the potato mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan using an ice cream scoop if you have one, packing the potatoes into each cup.
- Bake the muffins for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown and crisp around the edges.
- Remove the pan from the oven, top the muffins with the remaining ¼ cup cheddar cheese, and return them to the oven for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Transfer your muffins to a serving dish and top them with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chopped chives. Serve immediately.
Tips for making the best muffin pan
- When you need to measure leftover mashed potatoes, just scoop, pack them into a measuring cup, and then level it off.
- Mashed potatoes will generally vary in thickness. If your mashed potatoes are thinner in consistency, add an egg to the mixture to thicken it.
Variations of Potato Muffins
You can modify this recipe by adding some bacon to it. You could add some finely chopped cooked bacon to the muffins themselves or use them as a garnish.
And if you want to bring some sour cream flavor to your potato muffins, you can replace half the milk in the batter with sour cream.
FAQS ON CHEESY POTATO TIN MUFFIN
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.