INSTANT POT SPAGHETTI WITH GARLICFor those nights when you need something fast and easy turn to this 10-20 minute Instant Pot Spaghetti.
- Prep Time - 10 minutes
- Cook Time - 20 minutes
- Noodles – You’re free to use any type of noodles, though spaghetti is better for instant pot spaghetti and meatballs.
- Stock – Both vegetable and chicken stock work great here, but you can also use water (less flavored though).
- Garlic – Fresher the better!
- Oil or Butter, salt, chili flakes, parsley, and parmesan for garnishing.
Instructions for cooking
- On your Instant Pot, press “Sauté normal”.
- When the screen displays the “Hot” message, add oil, and melt the butter (or you can use just butter). Sauté fresh garlic with chili flakes for a minute.
- Switch off the sauté setting, and add the stock, salt, and spaghetti. Ensure that you layer the spaghetti in different random directions to avoid sticking to each other.
- Secure the lid of your instant pot and set its vent to SEALING.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” setting and set the cooking time for 7 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot usually takes about 6-7 minutes to generate pressure and start cooking.
- When your cooking program finishes, release the steam naturally for 7 minutes then rapidly release the rest of the steam.
- Remove the lid of your instant pot carefully and mix the noodles well. Separate noodles that are stuck to each other, using 2 forks.
- Stir in some fresh parsley
- Serve with some grated parmesan on top.
Tips while making instant pot spaghetti/pressure cooker pasta
- Although water can be used instead of vegetable or chicken stock, a good stock gives more flavor.
- Though you can use this recipe in a “just dump and start cooking” recipe, sauteing the garlic gives a better flavor.
- Don’t bother if the liquid isn’t covering all the spaghetti/pasta initially as it will cover once the Instant Pot starts generating pressure.
- You can make this dish vegan by using vegan butter and skipping the parmesan cheese.
- The pasta/spaghetti water is what creates that rich luscious instant pot spaghetti sauce, so don’t throw it.
- After pressure cooking, taste your spaghetti and adjust seasonings as per your preference.
- Remember this – even if you double, triple, or quadruple this recipe, you will still have to keep the cooking time the same. Just make sure that the pasta can fit your Instant Pot (i.e., do not overfill!).
FAQs on Instant Pot Spaghetti With Garlic
Yes, you can use your instant pot to cook noodles, however, there is no way to guarantee that it will come out perfectly. Using the low-pressure setting and the right timing will help you get as close to having perfect noodles as possible.
Garlic noodles cannot be exactly considered a healthy dish as it mainly consists of carbs from the noodles and fats from the butter and cheese that are in the sauce. It also has very less protein content – an average restaurant-sized serving can go up to 600 calories, with 70 grams of carbs, 29 grams of fat
Boil 2½ cups of water in a small saucepan. Add the noodles. Cook for 2 minutes. Now, add the flavor packet and stir. Continue cooking for another 30 seconds.
The healthier choices for noodles are: Squash noodles, Black bean noodles, Whole grain noodles, Quinoa noodles, Buckwheat noodles
Instant noodles, unfortunately, have earned a reputation for being a non-healthy snack option. But then, there are many ways you can enjoy instant noodles more healthily. Whether by adding vegetables or protein, or choosing low-fat or baked noodles, you can make instant noodles healthy and guilt-free!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.