MAC AND CHEESE WITH VEGGIES
Ready to make a delightful, convenient weeknight dinner or side dish in minutes that even the kids will adore? Try out this Healthy Vegetable Mac & Cheese recipe! Customize it by incorporating your family's favorite vegetables and make it your own.
- Serves- 4
- Preparation Time- 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time- 20 Minutes
- 2 Cups- Macaroni
- ½ Tbsp- Olive oil
- 1 Tsp- Sea Salt
- 1 Cup- Diced Vegetables
- 1 Tbsp- Butter
- 1 Tbsp- Flour
- ½ Tsp- Sea Salt
- ½ Tsp- Garlic powder
- ½ Cup- Whole Milk
- ½ Cup- Sour Cream/Greek Yogurt
- 2 Cups- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- When preparing elbow macaroni, remember to season the boiling water with 1/4 teaspoon of salt for optimal flavor.
- After draining, do not rinse the item and set it aside.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, combine olive oil, diced/shredded vegetables, and salt while the macaroni is boiling.
- On medium heat, stirring the contents in the pot intermittently, simmer the vegetables for 5-7 minutes until they become soft but with a slight crunch.
- Take off the burner and leave it to the side.
- Mix sea salt, flour, and garlic in a small bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat a medium pan, and heat butter.
- Add the flour mixture to the melted butter and whisk.
- Add one cup of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Add sour cream to the mixture and whisk.
- Cook on high heat until the mixture thickens before boiling.
- Once thick, add cheese to it and wait for the cheese to melt.
- Add salt/seasoning as per requirement.
- Add cooked elbow macaroni to the cheese mixture and stir until the sauce is coated evenly.
- Add sauteed veggies and stir.
- Serve hot.
Summing Up On Mac and Cheese With Veggies
There are various versions of healthy mac and cheese as crockpot mac and cheese, keto mac and cheese, seafood mac and cheese, and hot Cheetos mac and cheese, etc. These are prepared with the same recipe with more or fewer variations.
This Healthy veggie macaroni and cheese is a crowd-pleaser, and Perfect for a quick and nutritious weeknight dinner, ready in a matter of minutes, you can even add different kinds of pasta and veggies to customize the dish for a delicious homemade mac and cheese experience.
You can also prepare vegan curry for this macaroni and cheese recipe by adding vegan options such as coconut or almond milk in the recipe, vegan cheese, and vegan cream, so that vegan people can also enjoy the deliciousness of this lip-smacking recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.