MAC & CHEESE EGG ROLLS RECIPEThis easy mac and cheese egg roll are simple to make and cooks in only 15 minutes including preparation time. it is an absolutely delicious appetizer or snack!
- Course - Appetizer
- Cuisine - American
- Prep Time - 15 minutes
- Cook Time - 5 minutes
- Total Time - 20 minutes
- Servings - 8
- 2 Cups - Macaroni and cheese (chilled)
- 4 slices - Cooked bacon (crumbled), or ½ cup cooked ham (diced)
- 8 - Egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Barbecue sauce for dipping
- Heat the vegetable oil in an oven, deep fryer, or any other safe pot to 350˚F
- Mix the macaroni with cheese together. Spoon about ¼ cup of this mixture into each egg roll wrapper. Dampen the edges of each egg roll wrapper with water.
- Roll the wrapper into a closed egg roll (or according to the package directions). Cover the uncooked egg rolls with damp paper towels until they’re ready to be fried.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining ingredients.
- Take a few assembled egg rolls at a time, and fry them until they get well browned, or about 4 minutes.
- Place the fried egg rolls on a layer of paper towels to drain. Remove any excess grease if present.
- Your mouthwatering egg rolls are ready for dinner! Serve them warm with spicy barbecue sauce on the side, for dipping.
- Ensure to use cold mac and cheese.
- You can use any of your favorite kinds of mac and cheese for this recipe.
- Don't overstuff the pan when you are frying egg rolls. Otherwise, they won't get crispy or cook evenly.
- Brushing olive oil over the egg rolls is better, compared to spraying them because the egg wrappers bubble up more when sprayed.
- You can make these bacon mac and cheese egg rolls ahead of time (wow!)
- As most egg roll wrappers are vegan, you can use any dairy-free vegan mac and cheese in these mac and cheese rolls if you don’t consume cheese.
Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 2mg
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.