WEEKNIGHT DINNER: MAKE TACO CUPS
These mini taco cups are warm, satisfying, and ridiculously delicious, yet they won't fill you up and ruin your appetite for dinner. Unless you eat several of them!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Course: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serves: 12
- Two teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef (use lean meat, if you can)
- Two tablespoons of Peri Peri Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1-¼ can diced and drained tomatoes
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1-¼ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add the ground beef to the pan. Break up the meat with a spatula while stirring constantly. Add taco seasoning (if available) and salt to taste.
- Cook the meat until it gets cooked (about 4-5 minutes). Stir in the diced and drained tomatoes.
- Coat a muffin tin (12-cup) with cooking spray. Keep one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.
- Spoon around one tablespoon of meat into each cup and top it with around two teaspoons of cheese.
- Place a second wonton layer on top of the cheese. Add the remaining meat and cheese to all the muffin cups.
- Bake until the edges get brown and the cheese melts (10-15 minutes).
- Top up each taco cup with a small dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle tomatoes and green onions, too, if you like
- Serve and Enjoy!
You can swap Ground Turkey (95% lean) for ground beef.
Calories: 182kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 158mg | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1.5mg
Frequently Asked Questions
•Black Beans and Rice
•Lime and Coriander Rice
•Mexican Rice With Chipotle
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.