BROCCOLI TOTS AT HOME!
With a handful of very accessible and nutritious ingredients, you can bake Broccoli Tots that are soft and juicy on the inside and crunchy and crispy on the outside. Also, they’re delicious and easier to make than you might think.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 25 Tots
- 550g - Broccoli (2 medium ones)
- 60g (¾ Cup) - Almond Meal
- 75g (¾ Cup) - Extra Mature Cheddar Cheese
- 2 - Eggs
- 2 - Minced Garlic Cloves
- Preheat your oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Take a baking tray and line it with parchment/baking paper.
- Cut the florets from the broccoli and break them into medium pieces. Remove the tough outer skin of the broccoli’s stem and then cut the stem into pieces of about 1-2 cm in size.
- Boil (or steam) the stems for around 1 minute. Add the florets and steam for another 3-4 minutes, or until they turn soft. Drain them well.
- Chop the cooked broccoli and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
- Now, add the eggs, almond meal, cheese, and garlic and mix thoroughly to combine. Mash the larger pieces of broccoli up as you mix.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of the mixture and shape it into a tot. Place this tot on the prepared baking tray. Repeat this process with the remaining mixture (You should have around 23-25 tots).
- Spray the tots with oil (this is optional) and bake them for 20 minutes, or till they turn golden.
- Serve with any spicy dip that you prefer.
FAQS ON BROCCOLI TOTS AT HOME!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.