EXTRA CRISPY FRIED CHICKENCrispy Fried Chicken is one of the most popular dishes in the world. It is made by marinating chicken in a mixture of spices and then deep frying it.
How to make the best extra crispy fried chicken
So, this is how you go about making super crispy fried chicken made from buttermilk, chicken, hot sauce, and seasoned flour that is delightfully crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside!
- Yield - 8 servings
- Prep Time - 40 minutes
- Cook Time - 15 minutes
- Total Time - 55 minutes
- Course - Dinner
- Cuisine - American
- 4 pounds - Chicken (cut into 8 pieces with no backbone)
- 2 cups - Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp - Kosher salt
- 2 tsp - Coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp - Hot sauce (optional)
- 2 cups - Flour
- 1 tsp - Paprika
- Canola oil, for frying
- Mix the chicken pieces, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and buttermilk in a large bowl and refrigerate this mixture for at least four hours.
- Mix paprika with the flour in a medium bowl with a baking sheet set up next to it.
- Now, remove the chicken from the buttermilk, then dunk each chicken piece into the flour, coating it well, then place onto the baking sheet and let sit for at least 30 minutes (the flour should become paste-like).
- Heat a large oven ½ full with canola oil to 365˚F and fry the coated chicken pieces in batches (don’t stuff the oven) of 4 pieces, cooking for 10-12 minutes till the chicken is well cooked.
Tips for cooking fantastic extra crispy fried chicken
- You can buy a whole chicken and cut it into pieces, or you can just take the drumsticks and thighs, based on your preference.
- Try to make your seasoned flour mixture ahead of time and store it in an airtight container anytime you want to make this recipe!
- Use a thermometer to measure your oil temperature precisely. Doing this will take a lot of the guesswork out of the process!
- Although this recipe is delicious with the skin on, you can also make it with boneless skinless chicken.
FAQs on Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.