PAV BHAJI RECIPE
Learn to make pav bhaji, a popular Indian street food, at home with this easy-to-follow recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this flavorful dish that is perfect for any occasion.
- Type - Breakfast/ Lunch/ Dinner
- Serve - 1 / 2
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Ingredients Used to Make Pav Bhaji
- 4 - 5 Potatoes (boiled and mashed)
- 2 - Onions finely chopped
- 2 -Tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 cup - Peas, Carrots, Capsicum, Cauliflower, Beetroot
- ½ cup - Butter
- 1 tbsp - Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp - Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tbsp - Dried mango powder
- 1 tbsp - Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp - Ginger paste
- 1 ½ tbsp - Alcoeats Mumbai Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 Lemon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
How to Make Pav bhaji?
For Making Bhaji
- Mix cauliflower, green peas, carrot, and a cup of water in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistles (can be made easily in an instant pot/crockpot as well).
- Allow the steam to release before opening the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add freshly chopped onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add ginger paste and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, Kashmiri red chili powder, turmeric, ½ cup of water, and 2 tbsp of Alcoeats Mumbai Pav Bhaji Masala, then stir occasionally and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes and cauliflower mixture with salt according to taste, and mix well.
- Cook on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes while stirring and mashing it well.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves and mix them well.
For Making Pav
- Take a fresh piece of pav and slightly cut it into two halves.
- Then, add butter to the pan and spread it all over it.
- Put pav on a buttered Tava pan and roast it.
Making homemade pav bhaji masala powder using the above method is time-consuming, and ingredients must be present to prepare this masala. We are helping you out by introducing Alcoeats Mumbai Pav Bhaji Masala. Rather than making Indian pav bhaji masala by a more extended and time-consuming method, alcoeats Mumbai pav bhaji masala would serve your needs.
Alco Pav Bhaji masala is exactly like the homemade pav bhaji masala recipe. You can serve it with finely chopped onions and squeezed lemon and enjoy this masterpiece. Serve hot bhaji with buttered pav with onions and lemon, and get mesmerized with the taste of authentic pav bhaji.
Health Benefits of Pav-Bhaji Masala Recipe
There are healthy ingredients in Pav bhaji, such as green peas, cauliflower, and tomatoes. Pav bhaji contains spices that have many health benefits as well.
- Helps in Weight Loss - Green peas used in pav bhaji help reduce weight. It contains fiber and protein that helps in relieving constipation.
- Fiber-rich Vegetables - Veggies that we employ in pav bhaji are rich in fiber and nutritious to our health.
- Vitamin-rich - Vegetables such as cauliflower and green peas are full of vitamins that help boost metabolism.
- Good for heart health - Ingredients used in making pav bhaji, such as turmeric, coriander, and cinnamon, are considered suitable for heart health.
- May reduce the risk of cancer - The ingredients and spices used in making pav bhaji contain phenolic compounds that lower the risk of cancer-related deaths.
Summing up the Pav-bhaji masala recipe
Pav bhaji is a street food liked by most people worldwide and consumed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and whenever you crave it. Pav bhaji is a spicy dish and is made with a variety of vegetables and spices. Pav bhaji contains vegetables such as cauliflower, potatoes, tomatoes, green peas, etc., giving added health benefits and providing excellent flavor to your pav bhaji.
The Indian pav bhaji masala recipe contains various spices such as cumin, coriander, cardamom, fennel seeds, turmeric, etc. Use the most sought Alcoeats Mumbai Pav Bhaji Masala, a ready-to-cook masala that reduces your cooking time and gives a delicious flavor to your pav bhaji.
FAQs on Pav Bhaji Recipe
Can garlic be added to the pav-bhaji masala recipe?
Garlic can be added to the homemade Pav bhaji masala recipe with other ingredients to enhance the flavor of pav-bhaji. There is no restriction on not using garlic either; it can give a more garlic - ish taste to the dish.
Is Pav bhaji not available outside India?
Pav bhaji is a dish available everywhere, in the USA, UK, and Singapore. Native people there like pav bhaji very much. The demand for Indian pav bhaji is increasing year over year.
Is Pav bhaji challenging to digest?
Pav bhaji contains so many vegetables rich in nutrients that are not difficult to digest. You can enjoy pav bhaji without any stress or health problems.
Pav bhaji is street food and cannot be available in restaurants?
Pav bhaji is a well-demanded dish available everywhere on the streets, in restaurants, and in hotels. Indian pav bhaji masala recipe is always in demand, so hotels and restaurants keep this dish alike. We prefer the street food version of pav bhaji. We think it’s more authentic and tasty in nature.
Pav bhaji can be made only in Mumbai style?
Although Pav bhaji originated in Mumbai, its recipe is famous worldwide, and there are many recipes by which you can prepare this dish.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.