SMOKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE WITH BACON!Super easy and rich macaroni is cooked in Shredded Cheddar Cheese and sprinkled with bacon. Try it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Bacon - 300g
- Flour - 2 tbsp.
- Water - 2 1/2 cups
- Milk - 4 cups
- Macaroni - 400g
- Salt - to taste
- ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Garlic- Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Smoked Paprika - 1/2 tbsp.
- Black Pepper - 1/4 tbsp.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 4 cups
- Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp. chopped
- Firstly, place the bacon in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook until crispy, Remove the bacon from the pan. Leave 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan, discard the rest of the fat. After then add the flour, whisk until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Then pour in the water and whisk until smooth and just thickened. Then add the milk and whisk until combined. Cook macaroni, stir in the macaroni, salt, ginger-garlic paste, smoked paprika, black pepper, and red hot chili powder then bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook for 10-15minutes, macaroni is done.
- Then turn the heat to low, then stir in the cheddar cheese. Keep stirring until the sauce is smooth. If you need to thin the sauce, add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Then stir in half of the bacon. Sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top, along with the coriander leaves, and Serve!
FOR MORE RECIPES:
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.