SMOKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE WITH BACON!Mouthwateringly good smoked mac and cheese with bacon made the easy way with a smoky mac and cheese sauce with smoked Gouda, smoked cheddar, smoked paprika, and smoked Gruyère! This smoked mac and cheese recipe with bacon is an absolute winner!
- Course - Main Course (Side Dish)
- Cuisine - American
- Servings - 12 servings
- Calories - 205kcal
- Prep Time - 10 minutes
- Cooking Time - 45 minutes
- Total Time - 55 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 8 oz (227 g) - Elbow macaroni boiled as per to package directions
- 8 - Slices diced bacon
- 2 tbsp - Unsalted butter
- 1 - Medium chopped onion
- 4 - Cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp - All-purpose flour
- 1 cup - Whole milk
- 1-1/3rd ounce - Can of evaporated milk (or ¾ cup whole milk)
- ½ tsp - Mustard powder
- ½ tsp - Smoked paprika
- ½ tsp - Cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup - Freshly grated smoked Gruyère cheese
- ½ cup - Freshly grated smoked Gouda cheese
- ½ cup - Partly skimmed mozzarella cheese (freshly grated)
- ½ cup - Smoked sharp cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
- Cracked pepper and salt (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and spray a casserole dish or cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Boil the macaroni according to package instructions. Remove from the heat 1 or 2 minutes early.
- Cook the bacon, stirring regularly, on medium-high heat until it turns crisp. Remove from the pan and drain the bacon onto paper towels. Remove any excess bacon grease from the pan, except for 2 tablespoons of grease.
- Heat the extra bacon grease and butter in a pan on medium heat till the butter has melted. Add in the chopped onion and garlic and cook till they soften.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for a minute or two at the most. Remove from heat.
- Slowly pour in the milk and evaporated milk and stir the mixture till it gets slightly thickened.
- Stir in the smoked paprika, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to taste.
- Stir in grated cheeses, keeping about ⅔ cup balance for the topping. The cheese should begin to melt by now.
- Add the macaroni and pour over to coat. Pour the mixture into the skillet or prepared dish and top it with the previously reserved cheese and fresh cracked pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese filling is melted. To brown the topping further, place on a broiler on low for about 2-3 minutes. Let it cool slightly before serving.
- Serve delicious, mouthwatering smoked bacon with mac and cheese. Enjoy!
faqs on SMOKED MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE WITH BACON!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.