Spicy Broccoli Cheddar PieThis is somewhat like a quiche. The crust consists of Cheddar cheese and some spices, which is delicious. A must-try.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Fresh Broccoli - 2 cups (chopped)
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Onion - ⅓ cup chopped
- Garlic cloves - 2-3 (finely minced)
- ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves, peeled - 2-3
- Cheddar Cheese - 1 ½ cups
- Flour - ½ cup all-purpose
- Baking Powder - ¾ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Black Pepper - 1 tps
- Butter - 1 tps
- Milk - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2-3
- ALCO Chaat Masala for sprinkles
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 400F and lightly spray a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Then while the oven is preheating, add 2 inches of salted water and the broccoli pieces to a large deep skillet and bring it to a boil. Let them cook for about 5 minutes, drain, and add the broccoli to the pie plate.
- Then return the empty skillet to the stove and melt the 2 tsp of butter. Add the chopped onion and cook until the onions are translucent and fragrant. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more. You can also add veggies to the pie plate and put the cheddar cheese on top.
- Then In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Cut in the 1 TBS cold butter. Add the eggs, whisking them in after each one, and then add the milk and whisk until combined. Pour the mixture over the cheese on the pie plate.
- Then bake for about 40 minutes or until the pie is golden and the center is fully set. If the pie starts to get too brown during the baking process, cover with foil.
- Now allow to cool for 10 minutes and sprinkle chaat masala before slicing.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.