TRADITIONAL KUGEL RECIPEKugel is a classic casserole dish comprised of carbohydrates, eggs, and fat. With savory or sweet versions available, kugel makes a perfect accompaniment to special meals. The Classic Kugel recipe incorporates potato and noodles.
- Preparation Time- 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time- 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- ½ Tsp- Salt
- 100 gms- Unsalted butter
- 300 gms- Extra wide egg noodles
- ⅔ Cup- Dried raisins
- 6- Eggs
- 2 Cups- Cottage cheese
- 2 Cups- Sour cream
- ⅓ Cup- Light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup- Whole milk
- 1 Tsp- Ground cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp- Nutmeg or Kashmiri Chili Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place a rimmed sheet pan inside. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add a pinch of salt.
- To ensure a smooth surface for baking, lightly brush a baking dish or 9-by-13-inch pan with two tablespoons of melted butter.
- Boil the noodles as per the package instructions until they are al dente. Separately, strain the raisins or dried fruits through a colander.
- Once the noodles are boiling, blend the eggs, cottage cheese, sour cream, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, or Kashmiri chili (if desired), and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Blend until it is combined, then blend in around six tablespoons of butter, keeping the remaining two tablespoons to spread on the top of the kugel.
- Once the noodles are cooked, pour them and the raisins into a colander. The boiling water will swell the raisins, creating a delicious flavor. Once the noodles are drained, combine them with the cottage cheese mixture in a large bowl and mix everything using a spatula.
- Carefully scoop the noodles into the prepped dish and ensure even distribution. Drizzle with the leftover melted butter and place the kugel on the baking sheet in the oven. Cook for 45 to 55 minutes until the top appears to be lightly toasted. Leave it to cool on a wire rack for a minimum of 20 minutes before serving.
Summing Up On Traditional Kugel Recipe
Rather than opting for the standard noodle and traditional Jewish potato kugel, you could go for something more unusual, like the onion kugel, which is comparable to a savory souffle. Its foundation is composed of finely diced onions and a matzo meal.
From the traditional Jewish kugel recipe, Kugel is a type of casserole. Sweet noodle Kugel consists of ingredients such as eggs, noodles, sour cream, and cottage cheese baked together in a casserole dish.
Over the ages, the classic kugel recipe has been a reliable feature of Jewish holiday meals, brunches, and other get-togethers. This popular traditional noodle kugel can be the perfect way to try something new, as its timeless flavor ensures that it will remain a timeless favorite that can be enjoyed over and over.
frequently asked questions
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.