Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|Sweet Shortcrust Pastry||300g|
|Plain Flour||for dusting|
|Fresh Nutmeg||½ tsp grated|
|Icing Sugar||1 tbsp|
- First, place the pumpkin in a large pan, cover it with water and bring to a boil. Then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 mins or until tender. Now drain the pumpkin, let it cool.
- Then heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas. Then roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line a 22cm loose-bottomed tart tin. Chill for 15 mins.
- Then line the pastry with baking parchment and baking beans, then bake for 15 mins. Then remove the beans and paper, and cook for a further 10 mins until the base is golden and biscuity.
- Then remove from the oven then allow to cool. Now increase oven to 220C/200C fan/gas. Then push the cooled pumpkin through a sieve into a bowl. Then in a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, nutmeg, and half the cinnamon. Then mix in the beaten eggs, milk, melted butter, then add to the pumpkin purée and stir to combine.
- Then pour into the tart shell and cook for 10 mins, after then reduce the temperature to 180C/160C fan/gas. Then continue to bake for 35-40 mins until the filling has just set.
- Now leave to cool, then remove the pie from the tin. Then mix the remaining cinnamon with the icing sugar and dust over the pie, Then serve chilled and enjoy!