Oatmeal Carrot Muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Note: All ingredients in blue is available at alcoeats.com
|ALCO Garam Masala||1 tsp|
|Cinnamon Powder||3/4 tsp|
|Dates (halved and lightly packed)||1 cup (156g)|
|Unsweetened Cashew Milk, or almond milk||1/2 cup|
|Carrot Baby Food||6 tbsp.|
|Pure Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Oat Flour||1 tsp (104g)|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Ground Ginger||1/2 tsp|
|Baking Soda||1/4 tsp|
|Unsweetened Coconut Flakes||2 tbsp.|
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and heat your oven to 400°F.
- Place you dates in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, until they are very soft. **
- Place the dates, along with the milk, baby food, egg white and vanilla in a large food processor and blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the coconut, and blend until well mixed.
- Fill 6 muffin cavities 2/3 of the way with the batter. I like to use a large, spring-loaded ice cream scoop to get a nice domed top. Sprinkle with the coconut flakes.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan.