Crème Caramel Dairy-free RecipeCrème Caramel Dairy-free Recipe this super creamy vanilla crème caramel topped with a rich salted caramel sauce. It is Eggless, dairy-free, and vegan.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Maple Syrup - 2 tbsp.
- Coconut Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Lemon Juice - ¼ tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Almond Milk - 1 and ½ cup
- Coconut Cream - ¾ cup
- Cornstarch - 2 tbsp.
- Agar Powder - ¾ tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 2 tsp
- Coconut Powder - 2 tbsp.
- Coconut Flakes - 2 tbsp.
- Maple Syrup - 1 tsp
- Salt - ⅛ teaspoon
Prepare the Caramel:
- So add the maple syrup, salt, coconut sugar, and white vinegar to a small pan. Then heat over medium heat, and stir regularly until it starts to boil. Then let it boil for about 25-30 seconds, and make sure it doesn't burn.
- Then immediately remove from heat and divide the caramel into 4 small ramequins. Now tilt each ramequin to spread the caramel in the bottom. Then set aside and let it cool for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Now in a medium pan, combine the almond milk, maple syrup, coconut cream. Then add the cornstarch and agar and whisk to dissolve.
- After then heat over medium heat, whisking constantly until it thickens. Then once it has thickened, then remove it from heat, stir in the vanilla extract, and whisk again.
- Then cover the pan with a lid and let it cool about 5 minutes before pouring into the ramequins over the caramel.
- Now let the crème caramel cool a bit at room temperature before transferring to the refrigerator. Then refrigerate for at least 8-10 hours or overnight, the crème caramel will set and the caramel will melt.
- Now to serve, run a knife along the edges of each ramequin, cover with a plate and flip it. Then the caramel sauce will be on top and coat the crème.
- Then serve fresh, topped with the salted coconut crumble and enjoy!
Salted Coconut Crumble (Totally Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then In a small bowl, mix the shredded coconut, coconut flakes, maple syrup, and salt.
- Spread the coconut on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let it cool completely before using.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.