CAULIFLOWER BUTTER MASALA SUBSTITUTE FOR CHICKEN BUTTER MASALA
Cauliflower butter masala is a perfect vegan recipe to have a great dinner. This delicious finger-licking gravy is quite like paneer butter masala. It can be a good substitute for chicken butter masala. Considering the love for being vegan, chefs originated a recipe. It was identical in taste and texture to Chicken Butter Masala. The best thing is that it is prepared for Vegans and Vegetarians.
It is cauliflower butter masala. As part of vegan food, Indians love tender and crunchy cauliflower florets. This classic recipe is about marinating the Cauliflower with spices and frying it. Later cooking it in a creamy butter sauce. This healthy cruciferous vegetable contains beneficial nutrients that can prevent many diseases.
What is Cauliflower Butter Masala?
It is a classic Indian recipe for vegetarians that belongs to the "Makhani" family. Paneer Makhani, Dal Makhani, Amritsari Murgh Makhani, and others are fellows. This version uses cauliflower florets as the recipe's main ingredients.
One of the most beloved recipes in Indian cuisine is Gobi Makhani, also known as Gobi Butter Masala. Like all Makhani dishes, this dish exudes a regal essence that is hard to resist. The recipe involves marinating cauliflower in yogurt and pan-frying it before adding it to a fragrant and smooth makhani sauce.
It has a comforting and warming effect on your body, and its versatility allows for varying levels of spiciness.
To fully enjoy this dish, we recommend serving it with naan bread to soak up any leftover sauce. Additionally, it makes for an excellent leftover meal as the flavors develop and blend over time.
You can serve the creamy cauliflower gravy with steamed rice as well.
How to prepare Cauliflower Butter Masala?
Indulge in the rich and creamy Gobi butter masala, an excellent curry complementing any roti or pulao dish. The roasted cauliflower adds a sweet and intricate flavor that effortlessly blends with the curry's ingredients. It's a perfect dish that allows the flavors to seep in after roasting.
- Cook time- 30 minutes
- Servings- 4
- Cuisine- Lunch/Dinner
- 1 mediu- size cauliflower
- 2 medium- sized onions – sliced
- 2 tbsp- tomato puree
- 2 tbsp- ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup- coconut milk
- ½ tsp- turmeric powder.
- 2 dry red chili
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp- Alcoeats garam masala
- 1 tsp- Alcoeats red hot chili powder
- 1 tsp- Alcoeats coriander powder
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- ½ tsp- dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 tbsp- butter
- 2 tbsp- of oil
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp- chopped coriander leaves.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower florets into medium size.
- Take a deep saucepan. Put it over the flame. Add 1½ cup water, salt, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Boil the florets for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the florets from the heat and place them in a bowl.
- Heat a deep bottom pan on medium flame.
- Add butter to the pan and melt it.
- Sauté the florets until they turn golden brown.
- Add water to the pan and cook for another five minutes until the florets turn tender.
- Heat the same pan, and add butter to it.
- Let the butter melt, then add bay leaf and garam masala powder. Sauté it for a munute.
- Now add sliced onion and sauté it well until they turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it for a few minutes until the raw smell goes away.
- Add tomato puree, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and coriander powder. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add coconut milk, cashew paste, and simmer the gravy.
- Remove the pan from heat. Let it cool down.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste again to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook them for 10 minutes with 1 cup water.
- Add Kasuri methi, coriander leaves, and 1 tbsp butter, stir, and remove from flame.
- Serve cauliflower butter masala hot with naan or roti.
Are You Aware About Cauliflower Benefits
So, we will tell you five interesting facts about this cruciferous vegetable today.
The Powerhouse of Antioxidants:
Cauliflower has antioxidants that prevent many diseases. It can reduce oxidative stress and also prevents reproductive cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.
An Exotic Vegetable:
It originated in Cyprus Island, which dates back more than 2000 years. Later it traveled to Turkey, Syria, Egypt, and Spain.
Suitable for a Healthy Heart:
Cauliflower contains a large amount of fiber. In every 9 grams, you earn 100 calories suitable for your heart and reduce cholesterol levels.
Packed with Nutrients:
Suppose you are looking for a food item containing many healthy nutrients. This veggie contains minerals, protein, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids. All these make it a super healthy food.
A Natural Antibiotic:
It has a natural antibiotic. It has glucosinolates that can help fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
Cauliflower has become a superfood due to its taste and health benefits. Everyone from adults to kids love to have a bite of this flower veggie. Being a Cauliflower lover, you must try this version of creamy cauliflower gravy.
Make your Cauliflower Recipe More Flavorful
You can cut down the long process of cooking this recipe with the help of Alcoeats. It is a hub of Indian spices and seasonings. Try the Creamy Peas & Fenugreek-Indian Simmer Sauce Mix to cook the creamy veg gravy. It contains a blend of fresh and pure spices to make your gravy more flavorful. Shop Now to eat with love and taste!
Frequently Asked Questions