Cauliflower Butter Masala Substitute for Chicken Butter Masala
Cauliflower butter masala is a perfect vegan recipe to have a great dinner. This delicious finger-licking gravy is quite similar to paneer butter masala. It can be a good substitute for chicken butter masala which is prepared with chicken meat, butter, and Indian spices. It is one of the most preferred recipes which is served in various countries restaurants. This lip-smacking recipe was originated in Delhi. A more interesting fact about this recipe is it was made accidentally. The sweet and spicy flavor of chicken butter masala won the hearts of millions of non-vegetarian people around the globe.
But what about the vegans? Don’t they deserve something delicious? The answer to this question will be cauliflower butter masala. Tender and crunchy cauliflowers are loved in India as a portion of vegan food. This classic recipe is all about marinating the cauliflower with spices, frying it, and then cooking the cauliflower in a creamy butter sauce. This healthy cruciferous vegetable is packed with healthy nutrients that can save you from many diseases.
What is Cauliflower Butter Masala?
It is a classic Indian recipe for vegetarians which belongs to the “Makhani” family. Such as Paneer Makhani, Dal Makhani, Amritsari Murgh Makhani e.t.c. In this version, cauliflower florets are used as the main ingredients of the recipe. The creamy cauliflower gravy is served with steamed rice or naan.
How to prepare Cauliflower Butter Masala?
Cook time: 39 minutes
- 1 medium-size cauliflower
- 2medium size onions – sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 dry red chili
- 1 bay leaf
- Alcoeats garam masala (1 tsp)
- Alcoeats red chili powder (1 tsp)
- Alcoeats coriander powder (1tsp)
- 10-12 cashew nuts
- ½ tsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp of oil
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower florets into medium size.
- Take a deep saucepan. Put it over the flame. Add 1½ cup water, salt, and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Boil the florets for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the florets from the heats and place them in a bowl.
- Heat a deep bottom pan on medium flame.
- Add butter to the pan and melt it.
- Sauté the florets until they turn golden brown.
- Add water to the pan and cook for another five minutes until the florets turn tender.
- Heat, the same pan, add butter into it.
- Let the butter melt then add bay leaf, and garam masala powder. Sauté it for a munute.
- Now add sliced onion and sauté it well until they turn translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté it for few minutes until the raw smell goes away.
- Add tomato puree, chili powder, turmeric powder salt, and coriander powder. Simmer it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add coconut milk, cashew paste, and simmer the gravy.
- Remove the pan from heat. Let it cool down.
- Add the ingredients into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste again to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook them for 10 minutes by adding 1 cup water.
- Now add Kasuri methi, coriander leaves and 1 tbsp butter stir nicely, and remove from flame.
- Serve cauliflower butter masala hot with naan or roti.
Are you cooking Cauliflower without knowing its Benefits?
So, we will tell you today 5 interesting facts about this cruciferous vegetable.
The Powerhouse of Antioxidants:
Cauliflower is packed with antioxidants which prevent many diseases. It can reduce oxidative stress, and also prevents reproductive cancer and rheumatoid arthritis.
An Exotic Vegetable:
It was originated in Cyprus Island which dates back to more than 2000 years. Later it traveled to countries like Turkey, Syria, Egypt, Spain.
Good for a Healthy Heart:
Cauliflower contains a large amount of fiber. In every 9 grams, you earn 100 calories which are good for your heart and to reduce cholesterol levels.
Packed with Nutrients:
If you are looking for a food item containing many healthy nutrients, then this veggie is a perfect choice as it contains minerals, protein, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acid making it a super healthy food.
A Natural Antibiotic:
It is packed with a natural antibiotic such as glucosinolates can help to fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
Cauliflower has become a superfood due to its taste and health benefits. Everyone from adults to kids love to have a bite of this flower veggie if you are a lover of Indian cuisine and cauliflower both, then you must try this Indian version of creamy cauliflower gravy.
Make your Cauliflower Recipe more Flavorful
You can cut down the long process of cooking this recipe with the help of Alcoeats, a hub of Indian spices and seasonings. Try the Creamy Peas & Fenugreek-Indian Simmer Sauce Mix to cook any creamy veg gravy. It contains a blend of fresh and pure spices to make your gravy more flavorful. Shop Now to eat deliciously!
JOIN THE ALCOEATS REVOLUTION and Get 30% OFF
Sign up for early access to sales, product launches, the latest Alcoeats news and more!