KING PRAWN MASALA CURRY
King Prawns Masala Curry is an Indian prawn/shrimp dish that is mixed with onion, tomatoes, and different spices and herbs which is then put into a blender to make a paste.
How to make delicious King Prawn Masala curry?
- Prep Time - 10 mins
- Cook Time - 20 mins
- Course - Main
- Cuisine - Indian
- Servings - 4 servings
- Calories - 313 kcal
- 500gm - Prawns/Shrimps
- 1 cup - Cream or coconut milk
- 2 small - Onions
- 3 cloves - Of minced Garlic
- 1 small - Grated Ginger
- 3 small - Fresh tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons - Olive oil
- ½ cup - Water
- 1 tablespoon - Alcoeats Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon - Alcoeats Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon - Alcoeats Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- ½ teaspoon - Alcoeats Turmeric powder
- Salt and Black Pepper for taste
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil into a pan. Once it gets hot, add the onions followed by garlic and ginger, and stir for a few minutes till the mixture gets cooked.
- Add the chopped tomatoes now. Stir quickly before adding the 4 spices mentioned above. Continue stirring till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Let the mixture cool down before transferring it into a blender to make a paste.
- Add ½ cup water to the blender before turning it on.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the same pan before transferring the paste into the pan. Stir well so that the paste mixes well with the oil.
- Add the coconut milk and stir gently.
- Once it starts simmering, add the prawns, and mix thoroughly with the sauce.
- While it is simmering, add black pepper, salt, and chopped coriander. Keep it on simmer for the next 7 to 8 minutes.
- Mix the masala sauce well before turning off the heat
- Serve with white rice or rotis. Garnish with lemon before serving.
FAQS ON KING PRAWN MASALA CURRY
You can use various spices when cooking king prawns masala, but the flavor combination of paprika, garlic, and lemons is just terrific! The hint of paprika is very subtle but makes a big difference.
Yes, please. Rinse the prawns thoroughly with cold water in a large bowl. Make sure to wash each prawn by rubbing its shell and underbelly.
Munnar in Kerala is famous for its seafood and hence, prawn curry from Munnar should be on your “must-try” list. It is prepared with green and red chilies, salt, pepper, jaggery, and a lot of coconut milk. Kerala’s prawn curry is spicy and tangy and will tantalize your taste buds for a long time.
Prawns are a great source of high-quality protein and give you some of the most important vitamins and minerals that make up a healthy diet. The best part is – prawns are surprisingly low in calories and are made up of extremely healthy cholesterol.
Yes, you can. Just combine yogurt, olive oil, onion, pepper, garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until the mixture turns smooth. Place this yogurt and shrimp marinade in a large freezer bag or covered container. Marinate in the refrigerator overnight for best results, or for a bare minimum of 3 hours.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.