Tofu Bhurji (Indian Scrambled Eggs)Soft tofu and crunchy vegetables make a great combination. If you are craving something savory and filling for breakfast, this recipe is just for you!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ALCO Red Chili Powder - 1/2 tsp
- ALCO Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Scrambled Firm Tofu - 2 Cups
- Capsicum - 1 Medium
- Onion - 2 Medium
- Tomato - 1 Large
- Green Chili - 3
- Oil - 1/2 tbsp.
- ALCO Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- ALCO Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- ALCO Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper Powder (optional) - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - To Taste
- Lemon Juice (optional) - 1/2 tbsp.
- First, open the tofu pack, drain all water, rinse the tofu well in tap water, and pat dry in a kitchen towel to remove excess water. Scramble tofu with your hand and keep it aside.
- Then peel and finely chop onion, green chili, tomato, coriander leaves (Cilantro), and capsicum (bell pepper).
- Then heat oil in a pan or wok/Kadai add mustard seeds, fennel seeds, and allow to splutter. Add onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, then mix and sauté in medium heat until onion becomes soft and golden brown, stirring in the interval.
- Then add Red Chili Powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder mix and cook for a minute. add tomato stir, cover, and cook in slow to medium flame until tomato gets mashed fully, stir in intervals to avoid burning.
- Then add capsicum and cook for a minute on medium flame, now add salt, Garam Masala, pepper powder, and mix well.
- Add tofu and mix, cook for 3-4 mins on medium flame or until bhurji becomes dry and no moist left. Add lemon juice, coriander leaves mix, and off the flame.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.