AMRITSARI CHOLE GRAVY RECIPE
Amritsari Chole is a tomato based curry with chickpeas that originated from Punjab. Amritsari Chole is best served with rice or naan.
- Type - Lunch/Dinner
- Serve - 4
- Preparation time – 20 mins
- Cooking time – 10 mins
Ingredients used in Amritsari Chole Recipe
- 1 cup – soaked ( 8 to 10 hrs) and boiled Chickpeas
- 500 ml – Water
- 150 g or 5 ounces – Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp – Oil/Butter/Ghee
- 1 tsp – Ginger
- 1 cup – Chopped Onions
- 50 g (1 pack) - ALCO Amritsari Chole Gravy Powder
How to make Amritsari Chole?
- Pressure cook soaked chickpeas with salt to 4-5 whistles.
- Take (50g) a pack of Alco Amritsari Chole gravy into a bowl, whisk it with water to get consistency, and keep it aside.
- Take a pan, heat mustard oil (you can use other oil alternatively), and add chopped tomatoes.
- Add Alco Amritsari Chole gravy once the tomatoes cook and let it simmer.
- Add boiled chickpeas and cook them for a minute.
- You may pour water depending upon the consistency required. Do stir occasionally.
- Garnish Amritsari Chole with ginger juliennes, circled onions, and coriander leaves.
- Enjoy the Amritsari Chole Recipe with kulcha or naan, paratha, roti, or rice.
Take a deep pan to soak chickpeas and pour four times the water to soak in overnight or for 8 hours. If you want instant chickpeas to be soaked, soak them in boiling water, and cover them for 30 minutes.
- To thicken the gravy, add boiled chickpeas and mash them into the gravy. It will give a thick consistency.
- To make Amritsari chole taste rich, you may add ghee 1-2 tsp at the end of cooking.
Health Benefits of Chickpeas Indian Recipe
- It offers 25 g of carbohydrates, 7 g of fat, and 7 g of protein per serving.
- Amritsari Chole keeps your appetite under control due to its fiber-rich chickpeas.
- This Chickpeas Indian recipe delivers the right amount of protein to the body for those who want to control their diet and require protein to be high. Chickpeas being a plant-based protein, make it best for vegetarians.
- People on weight management check the Amritsari Chole recipe. It is the right way to indulge as it has moderate calorie levels (1 ounce is approx 186 calories) and amazing fiber levels.
- Regular intake of chickpeas regulates blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of chronic diseases. One should therefore include chickpeas recipes in their diet.
- The spices included in the Chickpeas Indian recipe, like cinnamon, have powerful medicinal properties that take care of health and metabolism.
- The cloves in the masala have manganese that is excellent for brain functioning and building bones stronger and mightier.
- The coriander in the masala is rich in immune-boosting antioxidants. It averts cellular damage by free radicals.
Summing up Amritsari Chole Recipe
The protein-packed Chickpeas Indian recipe is irresistible. It needs an excellent blend of quality wholesome masala to give traditional flavor from North India. You can ruin the dish if the masala you use is not correct. This is why it is advisable to use Amritsari Chole recipe masala that provides the distinguished taste of India. With the Alco Amritsari indie bowl, it is simpler to cook and bring flavorful in taste. Alco aces at providing the real taste of Amritsari Chole. Whether you are having a party at home or a special celebration, serving Amritsari Chole Kulche to your guests can never disappoint them.
FAQs on Amritsari Chole Recipe
How to get the dark Amritsari Chole?
While boiling the chickpeas, add a tea bag or tea leaves. It will leave a dark color on the chickpeas and their water. Remove the tea leaves or bag immediately when the pressure cooker is ready to open. Keeping the tea bag or the tea leaves in the chickpeas for a long time can bring in a bitter taste.
Why do my chickpeas take much time to cook?
While putting it in the pressure cooker, add salt and 1 tbsp oil. It will help the chickpeas to cook faster. The older chole beans are, the longer they will take to cook. Use chickpeas that are within the shelf life.
Can we use canned chickpeas for the recipe?
Yes, you can make the recipe with canned chickpeas. You may take 2-3 canned chickpeas for the above measurement recipe. It depends upon the number of people you are making the dish for. If the can is of higher quantity with 200g, you can go for a meal for 4.
How to make Kulche?
Add maida, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Knead the dough by adding curd and water. Cover the dough for 2 hours. Make small balls and add nigella seeds to them. Roll the ball with a rolling pin to a roti shape. Place it on hot Tawa and cook both sides. Your Kulche is ready to serve. You can also brush it with butter, but that is optional.
Will Amritsari Chole Recipe taste different if made with ghee?
Ans. No, it will not taste differently. It is advisable to use a combination of oil and ghee. You can apply ghee on the kulcha or paratha or make puris in ghee.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.