INDIAN CREAMY CHICKEN GRAVYThis creamy chicken curry dish made from caramelized onions, cream, Alcoeats garam masala, tomatoes, garlic, and paprika is an absolute delicacy!
- Prep Time - 10 mins
- Cook Time - 35 mins
- Total Time - 45 mins
- Course - Main Course
- Cuisine - Indian
- Servings - 5 servings
- Calories - 452 kcal
- 2 -lbs chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ -cup vegetable oil
- 1 -large onion (about 1 lb), chopped
- 2 -diced, pureed, or blended tomatoes (about 1 lbs total)
- 1 -clove minced garlic
- 2 -tbsp Alcoeats Garam Masala
- 1 -tsp salt
- 1 -tsp paprika
- ¾ -cup of whipping cream or heavy cream
- In a large pan, heat the oil on medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and slowly cook them until they either turn golden or caramelized or about 15 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add Alcoeats garam masala, paprika and salt.
- Stir in the tomatoes and the cream. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the chicken breast and simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat gets completely cooked through and is no longer pink for about 15 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 165mg | Sodium: 693mg | Potassium: 856mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g |Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg
Faqs on Creamy Chicken
• Add dairy-based thickeners. Usually, Indian curry sauces have a creamy texture, so add more dairy — like heavy cream, or Greek yogurt for instance, or a thick non-dairy ingredient like coconut cream — to thicken your chicken curry sauce.
• Add ground nuts
• Add lentils
• Add peanut butter
• Add any tomato product
• Use a slurry.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.