FISH CURRY RECIPE
Are you looking for an easy fish curry recipe? This recipe is simple to follow and can be made with any type of Fish. It is also packed with flavor and will become a family favorite.
- Type - Lunch/Dinner
- Serve - 2 to 3
- Preparation Time - 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Ingredients Used To Make Fish Curry
- 1 kg Fish - Cut into pieces
- 1 bowl - Tamarind paste
- 1 - Onion (chopped)
- 1 large tomato - cut into pieces
- 1 tbsp - Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp - Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp - Alcoeats Garam Masala
- 1 tsp - Alcoeats Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 cup - Mustard oil
- 2 cups - Hot water
- 2 tbsp - Cumin seeds
- 3/4 tbsp - Coconut powder
- 8 dry red chilies
- 1tsp - Alcoeats Fish Curry Masala
- Coriander - To taste
- Salt - To taste
Indian Fish Curry Recipe
- Gather all ingredients. Heat pan over medium flame and take red chilies, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds till fragrance starts to release.
- Let it cool down, and then put it into a mixer jar to make it a fine powder.
- Blend the toasted masala powder, tomatoes, turmeric, garam masala, and coconut powder to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Put the pan on medium flame, add curry leaves and onions, and let them cook until they become light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and let them fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and masala paste, and fry until oil comes out of the gravy.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and tamarind paste, and mix well.
- Let the gravy boil on a medium flame.
- Add 1 tsp Alcoeats Fish Curry Masala for an excellent flavor and taste to fish curry.
- Softly add pieces of Fish to the gravy and cook well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves, and the Fish curry recipe is ready to serve with rice or chapati.
Which is The Best Fish for Curry?
Fish with a strong taste, like Salmon, Tuna, Carp, or Cod, will have a chance to go well with the intense spices and still contribute some excellent taste components to the dish. Bihar's most popular Rohu fish is prepared in a north Indian fish curry recipe.
Mackerel is one of the most nutritional Fish as it is rich in omega-3 oil and is also found in salmon, halibut, and sardines; varieties go well with curry.
Salmon is also the most common Fish for a curry. The Salmon curry recipe includes a spicy and tangy base made with onions, tomatoes, garam masala, tamarind, and coconut milk. Salmon does not absorb the curry quickly, so it needs to get marinated first for some time and then put into the curry.
Health Benefits of Fish Curry
Fish curry has several health benefits. Fish is a prominent source of many nutrients and protein.
- Rich in Nutrients - Fish contains high-quality protein, vitamins, and minerals. Fish curry has sufficient omega-3 fatty acids, which benefit the heart.
- Reduce Heart Attacks and Strokes - Fish is a heart-healthy food. Heart patients are allowed to eat fish curry as it helps to reduce heart-related diseases like attacks or strokes.
- Suitable For The Development - Omega 3 fatty acids are necessary for growth during the development years of a child. Fish contains DHA, which is vital for eye and brain development.
- Rich Source of Vitamin D - Fish curry is a good source of Vitamin D. Fish oil, like cod liver oil, has a lot of Vitamin D. It is worth having fish curry not only for its taste but also for its various health benefits.
- Help Prevents Depression - People eating fish curry have lower chances of depression. Omega3 fatty acids help in fighting depression-causing agents.
Summing Up Fish Curry Recipe
Fish curry is mostly the first choice among non-vegetarians and is liked by many. Different recipes have different ingredients depending on their regions. North Indians and people from the Western zone of India have their own sets of Fish Curry recipes. Fish curry is preferred because of its high nutritional value. Omega3 fatty acids are abundant in fish.
Recipe for fish curry mainly varies with the region, but almost the same ingredients are used among all the recipes. Use Alcoeats Fish Curry Masala for the perfect fish curry without the hassle of going through a time-consuming process.
We hope you enjoyed this article on how to make fish curry. We are always excited when one of our blogs can provide helpful information on a topic like this!
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.