MAKE INDIAN VEG BIRYANI RECIPEVegetable Biryani is delicious and loaded with veggies, warm spices, cashews. this biryani is a delight to the taste buds in every bite!
- Serves - 4
- Preparation time - 40 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 45 Minutes
- 1 Cup - Basmati Rice
- 1 Cup - Cauliflower Florets
- ¼ Cup - Chopped Carrots
- 1 Tbsp - Chopped Garlic
- ½ Cup - Water
- ½ Cup - Chopped Potatoes
- ¼ Cup - Chopped French Beans
- 2 - Green Chilies
- 8 - White Mushrooms
- 3 Tsp - Cooking oil or Ghee
- 1 Tsp - Caraway Seeds(Sahjeera)
- 1 - Black Cardamom
- 3 - Green Cardamom
- 1 Cup - Yogurt
- 1 - Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp - Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp - Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp - Alcoeats Veg Biryani Mix
- 2 Tbsp - Cashew
- 2 Tbsp - Almond
- 3 Cups - Water
- 1 Tbsp - Raisins
- Salt - As per taste
- 3 - Green Cardamoms
- 1 - Black Cardamom
- 1 - Cinnamon
- 1 - Bay Leaf
- 3 - Cloves
- 2 Cups - Water
- 2 - Mace Strands
- 1 Tsp - Salt
- ¼ Cup - Coriander Leaves
- ¼ Cup - Chopped Mint Leaves
- 5 Tbsp - Milk
- 2 Tsp - Kewra Water
- ¼ Tsp - Saffron Strands
For Soaking Rice
- To clean basmati rice, give it a good rinse in running water until there's no longer any starch left. Let it sit in a cup of liquid for 30 minutes.
- After the rice has been drained, let it rest for a half-hour before transferring it to an alternative container.
For Cooking Rice
- A deep-sided pan should be filled with water and heated on a high heat setting.
- After the water boils, enhance the mixture with salt, bay leaves, green cardamoms, cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon, and mace strands.
- Subsequently, incorporate soaked basmati rice.
- It is recommended that rice should be partially cooked before consumption.
- Discard the liquid from the cooked rice and reserve it for later.
For Vegetable Curry
- Start by melting some ghee in either a pressure cooker or saucepan. When the ghee has been warmed, toss in aromatic spices such as sahjeera, tej patta, green cardamom, cloves, black cardamom, and cinnamon. Stir them up until they crackle and let their flavor intensify.
- Cook the onions on low to medium heat, stirring occasionally until they are softened.
- While the onions are simmering, measure one cup of plain yogurt into a bowl and blend until the combination has a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Carefully mix in the ginger-garlic paste, accompanied by green chili slices or finely chopped pieces as desired.
- Mix the turmeric and red chili powder until the spices are evenly distributed.
- Gently fold in the diced veggies and sauté for a few minutes.
- Reduce the temperature and slowly fold in the whipped yogurt while stirring. Once it has been added, pour water into a pressure cooker or pot, depending on what you are using. Make sure all of the ingredients are properly combined. Add salt and stir one last time.
- Pressure cook the vegetables at medium heat for 3-4 minutes, letting out one whistle. If you don't have a pressure cooker, simmer until the vegetables are tender - making sure not to overcook them.
- Carefully warm 4-5 tablespoons of milk in the microwave or on a stovetop in a small pot. Incorporate 1/4 teaspoon of saffron strands, then remove from heat and allow to steep.
- Thoroughly blend cashews, raisins, and blanched or raw almonds into the vegetable gravy, tasting and adjusting the seasoning with extra salt if desired. The gravy is complete once you are satisfied with the taste.
- Start by putting half of the vegetable gravy in a pot that has a thick bottom.
- Spread out the partially cooked rice so that it covers half of the dish.
- Generously distribute the chopped coriander, saffron-infused milk, and mint over the top.
- Ladle the leftover vegetable gravy over the different layers.
- For a finishing touch, add the last portion of the rice to the top, decorate with some additional coriander and mint leaves, and lightly pour some saffron-infused milk over the top. For a final touch, give it a dash of kewra water to provide an extra layer of flavor and fragrance.
For Dum Cooking
- Ensure that the pot is completely secured by covering it with aluminum foil, followed by placing the lid over it. To maintain moisture, wrap a damp cotton cloth around it before closing.
- Increase the heat of a Tava/griddle/skillet to medium for use.
- Once the tawa has been sufficiently heated, the heat should be turned down and the container with the vegetable biryani should be set on it.
- Lower the flame and leave your South Indian vegetable biryani to simmer for a span of 30 to 35 minutes. Put the pan on the heat source for the first quarter of the cooking time; then switch to a tawa or skillet for the last ten minutes.
- Once the vegetarian Hyderabadi biryani is finished cooking, after a duration of 5 to 7 minutes, it should be served.
Summing Up On Making Indian Veg Biryani Recipe
Generations have been debating over two distinct types of Biryani. The first, Pakki, involves combining fully cooked meat and partially cooked rice before finally finishing off the dish. Katchi, on the other hand, utilizes a mixture of uncooked rice, marinated mutton/vegetables in yogurt, and spices, to create the ultimate biryani. For delicious Hyderabadi vegetarian dishes, the classic vegetarian Hyderabadi biryani is highly recommended. This tantalizing south Indian vegetable biryani is best cooked in an earthenware or metal heatproof vessel and the flavors of powdered mace and nutmeg are stirred into the rice before transferring it to the Handi, allowing for an exceptional veg handi biryani recipe.
FAQs on Veg Biryani Recipe
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.