FISH CURRY RECIPEFish curry is a popular dish across Asia, and the ingredients that make it flavorful vary regionally - from coconut to poppy seeds, tamarind, and more. Check out this step-by-step recipe for a delicious Fish curry full of mouth-watering flavors!
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time -10 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Fish Curry
- 500 gms - Fish
- 1 Cup - Tamarind Paste
- 1 - Onion (chopped)
- 1 - Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp - Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp - Mustard Seeds
- 1 Tsp - Alcoeats Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp - Alcoeats Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp - Cumin Seeds
- 3 Tbsp - Mustard Oil
- 2 Tsp - Cumin Seeds
- ½ Tbsp - Coconut Powder
- 8-10 - Dry Red Chilies
- 2 Cups - Hot Water
- 1 Cup - Chopped Coriander
- Salt - To Taste
Instructions for Preparation of Fish Curry
- Collect all the necessary ingredients, then heat a pan over medium heat. Toast the red chilies, mustard seeds, and cumin seeds until a delightful aroma emanates.
- Allow it to cool before transferring the contents into a mixer and blending until a powdery consistency is achieved.
- Mix the toasted masala powder, diced tomatoes, turmeric, garam masala, Alcoeats fish curry masala, and coconut powder until a paste forms. Set aside afterward.
- Set the stove to medium heat and toss some curry leaves and onions. Let them simmer until they turn a golden hue.
- Fry the ginger-garlic paste for a period of 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fry the tomatoes and masala paste until oil starts to surface from the sauce.
- Combine two cups of steaming water and tamarind paste, stirring thoroughly. Allow the sauce to simmer over medium heat.
- Gently place chunks of Fish into the sauce and simmer until cooked through.
- To finish, sprinkle some coriander leaves on top, and the delicious Fish curry is now ready to be served with either rice or chapati.
Summing Up On Fish Curry Recipe
When it comes to dinner time, most people favor a fish curry recipe. This succulent meal comprises steamed rice, jeera rice, naan, paratha, and chapati. No matter what type of Fish you have at your disposal, preparing a curry is suitable; however, those caught in the river pair best with this delightful dish.
The South and West of India are known for their celebrated versions of fish curry. Goan fish curry is generally made with coconut milk, while Kerala fish curry is preferred with rice or idli. West Bengal boasts its dish called Macher Jhol, too.
A trendy dish to prepare, the Salmon curry recipe consists of aromatic spices like onions, tomatoes, garam masala, tamarind, and coconut milk. To bring out its full potential, however, salmon curry needs to be marinated in advance to absorb the deliciousness of the curry without falling apart. Once this is done, the result is a mouth-watering Salmon coconut curry.
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.