Easy Child Fish Cakes
An easy baby and kid-friendly fish recipe your child will eat fish cakes. Quick and delicious with a tasty dip to serve alongside your kid’s fish cakes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- ALCO Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- ALCO Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - As needed
- ALCO Kashmiri Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Potatoes - 2 large
- Fish fillets (white boneless and skinless) - 200 g
- Lime juice - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp.
- Firstly, peel, quarter and then boil the potatoes & cook the fish. Then I cheated by using leftover boiled potatoes and sticking two frozen fish fillets in the microwave, but you could quickly grill or poach them in a little milk.
- Then turn the grill on to a high. While it’s warming up, bring the cooking oil to heat in a pot. When it’s hot, tip the masala powders in, and as they sizzle, toss in the boiled potatoes.
- Speed is of the essence here or the spices will just burn to cinders. Mash the potatoes in the pot. Once smooth, mix in the fish and the lime juice. I tend to do this with my hands as it’s much easier to get stuck in. Add salt to taste.
- Now, finally, line a baking tray with foil and grill on high for about eight minutes on each side. When you turn them over, the fish cakes may be a bit soft and threaten to fall apart. But just piece any bits together and crack on.
- The end result will be golden crisp on the outside, with a squidgy lemony center.
- Now finally, serve with a smile for the kids and with ketchup spiked with chili powder for the bigger ones.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.