HOMEMADE CHAAT MASALA HUMMUS
Hummus is a savory dip or spread made from cooked chickpeas. Today, it has become extremely popular not just in the Middle East, but in most parts of the world.
HOW TO MAKE THE FINEST CHAAT MASALA HUMMUS
- Prep Time - 3 mins
- Total Time - 3 mins
- Serves - 4
- ½ cup - Dry chickpeas (i.e., Kabuli chana)
- 2 tbsp - Sesame seeds
- ¼ cup - Olive oil (and some more for drizzling on top)
- 1 tsp - Coarse roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp - Black salt
- 1 tsp - Alco Chaat Masala
- Regular salt to taste (optional)
- 2 - Green chilies (medium-spicy)
- 4-5 - Garlic cloves
- Juice extracted from 1 lemon (or to taste)
- ½ tbsp - Finely chopped fresh coriander
- Soak the chickpeas in enough water to completely cover them either overnight (for best results), or for a minimum of 8-10 hours.
- When the chickpeas are completely soaked and have become soft, drain out all the water and discard it. Transfer the drained, soft chickpeas to a wide vessel and add enough fresh water again to cover them fully. Place the vessel inside a pressure cooker. Pressure-cook chickpeas for 4-5 whistles or till the chickpeas become well-cooked.
- Drain all the water from the cooked chickpeas and keep it aside for later use. Let the cooked chickpeas cool off completely.
- Meanwhile, dry roast the sesame seeds over medium flame till they start popping and turn brownish. Ensure that they do not burn. Transfer the roasted sesame to a plate and let it cool down fully.
- Peel the garlic cloves. Remove the tops of the green chilies and chop them roughly. Keep all this ready.
- When the chickpeas have completely cooled off, put them into a mixer jar. Add in the peeled garlic cloves, roughly chopped green chilies, coarsely crushed cumin, roasted sesame, chaat masala, ¼ cup olive oil, black salt, and regular salt (if you’re using it). Grind this mixture together, as per the smoothness, or coarseness you want. If you find the grinding difficult, you can add a couple of tablespoons of water to the mixer jar.
- Pour in the lemon juice now. Transfer hummus to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the chaat masala hummus.
- Garnish with finely chopped fresh cilantro (coriander leaves).
- Your Chaat Masala Hummus is ready to be served. Enjoy!
Faqs on Homemade Chaat Masala Hummus
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.