INSTANT POT PASTA IN RED SAUCEThe pasta soaks up the flavors as it cooks and you are left with shiny, tasty pasta. This recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious.
- Prep Time - 5 minutes
- Cook Time - 15 minutes
Method of preparation
- Pasta - This recipe uses penne pasta in this recipe, but you can use any shape, including gluten-free pasta
- Sauce - You can use either Marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce
- Cream - Using heavy whipping cream adds creaminess to this pasta. You can also substitute whipping cream with coconut cream or cashew cream.
Instructions for cooking
- Add pasta, broth, and water to your Instant Pot.
- Layer garlic powder, Alcoeats kashmiri chili powder, salt, and tomato sauce. Ensure the pasta is submerged completely in the broth.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot and Pressure cook.
- Quick Release and then stir in the cream, grated parmesan, and basil or parsley
- Optional: Sauté fresh garlic and half a cup of diced onions in olive oil before adding the pasta
- Optional: Stir in a cup of frozen peas after the pressure cooking.
- Optional: Stir in a handful of fresh or frozen chopped spinach or kale after the pressure cooking
- Use milk instead of heavy cream to lighten up the dish
- To make your pasta extra-spicy, add additional Alcoeats kashmiri chili powder. Skip it for a non-spicy pasta.
- Serve your lip-smacking pasta with a side of either fried garlic broccoli or beans. For a better combo, pair it with some fudgy brownies for a fun meal that the entire family can enjoy.
FAQs on Red Sauce Pasta Recipe
Can you cook pasta in red sauce?
Yes, you can cook the pasta directly in a pan full of tomato sauce. Just thin some tomato sauce with water, boil it, dump the dry pasta/spaghetti into it, and cook it for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
Can you put tomato sauce in the Instant Pot?
Yes, while cooking pasta, you can cook the tomato sauce on high pressure for 20 minutes.
Can I cook raw pasta in sauce?
Yes, you can, though cooking pasta in the sauce instead of boiling water will increase the time it takes to cook through. This is a good method to follow if you want to delay serving your pasta for a few minutes.
Why is it better to cook the pasta directly in the sauce rather than in water?
To save time in cooking and then cleaning up, it is better to cook your pasta directly in the sauce. Also, cooking your pasta in the sauce instead of just tossing it in will add more flavor directly to the pasta.
Does it take long for the pasta to cook in sauce?
Generally, it is better to cook the pasta in the sauce together for around 1-2 minutes.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.