Instant Pot Pasta in Red SauceThe pasta soaks up the flavors as it cooks and you are left with shiny, tasty pasta. This recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- ALCO Red Hot Chili Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Pasta Seasoning - 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Basil (chopped) - 2 tsp
- Parmesan Cheese (grated) - 1/4 cup
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Garlic (finely chopped ) - 2 tbsp.
- Onion (chopped) - 2
- Canned Tomato fresh tomato puree - 3 cups
- Macaroni Pasta uncooked (dry)
- Vegetable Broth or water - 1cup
- Firstly, turn on the Instant Pot on Sauté mode on medium heat. Then once the monitor displays hot, add 1 tbsp olive oil and allow it to heat up for a few seconds.
- Then add garlic and sauté till fragrant, about 25-30 seconds. Then next add onion and cook till translucent. Then add the canned tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Then using a stick blender, lightly pulse all the ingredients in the Instant Pot. Then ensure to break down the chunky tomatoes and blend until it resembles a coarse and slightly chunky sauce. Then alternatively, you can remove the sauce from the Instant Pot and use a food processor or blender to blend it.
- Then add red chili flakes, pasta seasoning, salt, pepper, and sugar. Then taste to ensure that the sauce is perfectly balanced.
- Then add the vegetable broth and the uncooked Macaroni pasta. Then push it down lightly to ensure all the pasta is submerged in the liquid. Then add the remaining 2 tbsp. of olive oil and lightly stir to mix the broth and sauce, and it does not have to be fully combined. Now the pasta will absorb all the broth liquid and moisture from the sauce while cooking.
- Then press Cancel to turn off the Sauté mode. Then choose Manual on High Pressure and turn the timer on for 3 minutes. Then close the lid of the Instant Pot and set the valve to Sealing.
- Then allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes. Then release the remaining pressure manually by turning the valve to venting. Then remove the lid and stir lightly to combine.
- Now garnish with grated chopped basil and parmesan cheese. Then serve immediately while it is still warm.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
LET'S GET COOKIN'!
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
STAY ALCOEATS HEALTHY: SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.