INSTANT POT PASTA IN RED SAUCEThe pasta soaks up the flavors as it cooks and you are left with shiny, tasty pasta. This recipe is easy, healthy, and delicious.
- Prep Time - 5 minutes
- Cook Time - 15 minutes
Method of preparation
- Pasta - This recipe uses penne pasta in this recipe, but you can use any shape, including gluten-free pasta
- Sauce - You can use either Marinara sauce or your favorite tomato sauce
- Cream - Using heavy whipping cream adds creaminess to this pasta. You can also substitute whipping cream with coconut cream or cashew cream.
Instructions for cooking
- Add pasta, broth, and water to your Instant Pot.
- Layer garlic powder, Alcoeats kashmiri chili powder, salt, and tomato sauce. Ensure the pasta is submerged completely in the broth.
- Close the lid of your Instant Pot and Pressure cook.
- Quick Release and then stir in the cream, grated parmesan, and basil or parsley
- Optional: Sauté fresh garlic and half a cup of diced onions in olive oil before adding the pasta
- Optional: Stir in a cup of frozen peas after the pressure cooking.
- Optional: Stir in a handful of fresh or frozen chopped spinach or kale after the pressure cooking
- Use milk instead of heavy cream to lighten up the dish
- To make your pasta extra-spicy, add additional Alcoeats kashmiri chili powder. Skip it for a non-spicy pasta.
- Serve your lip-smacking pasta with a side of either fried garlic broccoli or beans. For a better combo, pair it with some fudgy brownies for a fun meal that the entire family can enjoy.
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.