|September 26, 2022
Vegan Masala Curry Mac and Cheese
Vegan Masala Curry Mac and Cheese- It is a good combo for cheesy pasta and flavorful Indian curry with this masala curry mac and cheese. Masala Curry Mac and Cheese recipe is easy to make and the creamy sauce even has hidden vegetables for a nutritious meal.
Let's Make Vegan Masala Curry Mac and Cheese.
Note: All highlighted ingredients are available at alcoeats.com
Vegan Masala Curry Mac and CheeseThis masala curry of mac and cheese takes the best of Indian and Western cuisines and combines them in one epic dish!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Curry Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper, more or less to taste - 1/2 tsp
- Pasta, such as fusilli, gluten free optional - 16oz
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Yellow onion, diced - 1
- Cloves garlic, minced - 4
- Tapioca starch - 2 tbsp.
- Tomatoes, diced or whole - 15oz can
- Coconut milk (full fat) - 15oz can
- Cauliflower, cut into florets - 1/2 medium head
- Vegan cheddar shreds or slices - 8oz
- Frozen green peas - 1 cup
- Cilantro for garnish - (optional)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions, until it is 1-2 minutes away from being done. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the Curry Powder, cayenne, salt, and tapioca starch and stir to coat the onion. Let cook for about 30-60 seconds.
- Pour in the tomatoes and coconut milk. Breaking apart the tomatoes if whole with the spatula. Add the cauliflower and vegan cheddar. Bring to a simmer, then lower the heat to medium-low. Let simmer for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Blend the sauce with an immersion blender or upright blender (for a smoother sauce), be careful as the sauce is very hot. Return to the pot and add the green peas.
- Add the pasta to the sauce and turn the heat on low. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the pasta is perfectly cooked and the sauce has thickened around the noodles. Enjoy hot, garnish with cilantro if desired.
FOR MORE RECIPES:
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
GET 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.