VEGAN MASALA CURRY MAC AND CHEESE
If you like mac and cheese and you like curry recipes, you’re going to completely love this vegan curry mac and cheese! This mac and cheese is creamy, rich, and spiced with mouthwatering curry flavors.
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 30 mins
- Total time: 40 mins
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 4 servings
- 2 cups Macaroni
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Milk (or as needed)
- 1 cup Cheese
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 Green chili (optional)
- 2 tbsp Alcoeats Curry Powder
- Salt (to taste
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Cook the macaroni in a large quantity of salted water (or as per package instructions). Drain the water out. Set the mac aside.
- Heat some butter in a pan. Add the finely chopped onions along with the green chili. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in the Alcoeats curry powder and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the flour now and cook for about 2-3 mins. Slowly pour in the milk and keep stirring it so that it doesn’t form any lumps.
- Let the mixture cook for a few minutes, or till the sauce thickens.
- Now, add the grated cheese and mix thoroughly. Season it with pepper and salt and mix everything well.
- Add the macaroni and pour the mixture into a baking pan. Ensure that there’s a good amount of sauce at this time so that when you bake it the macaroni doesn’t get dry.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cheese on top and bake the curry mac and cheese in the oven for around 25-30 mins.
- Serve delicious curry mac and cheese warm with additional vegetables or any side dishes.
Faqs on Vegan Mac And Cheese
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.