HEALTHY AND CREAMY CHICKEN KORMA – A LOW-CALORIE DIET
In the classic Mughlai dish Chicken Korma, bone-in chicken is cooked with spices, onion paste, yogurt, and coconut—one of the most popular curries to make, particularly on the weekends.
How to Make Healthy Chicken Korma at-home
For Korma Paste
- 8 - Almonds
- 8 - Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp - Chironjee
- 1 tsp - Khus Khus
- 2 tsp - Desiccated Coconut
- 4 tbsp - Oil
- 2 - Onion
For making the Korma Curry
- 1 cup - Yoghurt
- ½ kg - Chicken Pieces
- 1 tbsp - Ghee
- 10 - Cardamom
- 7 - Cloves
- 2 tsp - Garlic grated
- 1 tsp - Salt
- 2 tsp - Ginger grated
- 2 tsp - Red chili powder
- 2 tsp - Coriander powder
- 1 tsp - Garam Masala
- 1 tsp - Alco Chicken Masala
- 1 tsp - Saffron
- ½ Cup - Water
Creamy Chicken Korma Recipe
- To make the Korma Masala, dry roast the nuts such as almonds, Chironji (Calumpang nuts), and khus-khus (poppy seeds). Add desiccated coconut to this mixture and roast it thoroughly. Grind this mixture. When it smells aromatic, please turn off the stove and let it cool.
- In a pan, add four teaspoons of oil. Sauté the onion slices till golden brown. Please put them in a bowl to cool down. Once the onions have cooled, add them to the nut paste. Mix in the yogurt thoroughly. To make a thick and smooth paste, blend everything. The Korma paste is ready.
- Add ghee to a separate pan. Stir-fry the seasonings. Add freshly grated ginger and garlic. Sauté them thoroughly before adding the chicken. Add red chili powder and coriander powder to the pan.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the Korma paste. You can adjust the gravy's consistency by adding water if it's too thick. After that, add the garam masala and saffron. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly. Allow it to cook for a few minutes or until the chicken is soft and tender. Now add 1 tsp of Alco Chicken Masala for an aromatic and delicious taste. After adding all the Chicken Korma Ingredients, Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot.
How is Chicken Korma Healthy?
DISCLAIMER- This blog does not provide you with any medical advice. It is strictly meant to be an informational and recipe blog only. Please consult your physician or medical expert for what works best for you.
- Rich in Carbohydrates and Fibers - One standard serving of chicken tikka korma has about 14 grams of carbs and almost 3 grams of fiber, and these carbohydrates and fiber are vital for our daily diet. These two nutrients are crucial for controlling bowel motions and enhancing digestion.
- Required Calories - No calories equal no energy, and if you believe Chicken Korma Curry is just a basic dish with a nice flavor and nothing else than fat and high calories, let's burst this myth. Traditional chicken korma, Murgh Korma (breast piece), creamy curry, and tomato comprise approximately 400-450 calories. Cooked in the right way and eaten in the right amount, this a superfood to add to your diet. A brisk walk for roughly 50 minutes is a sufficient workout to burn these many calories.
- Rich in Good Fat - Butter and heavy cream provide one chicken korma dish with substantial fat. However, lowering the butter-to-cream ratio may adjust the fat amount to your liking. An average serving has 15 grams of fat, and health experts say a daily fat intake of fewer than 22 grams is healthy.
- High Sodium Content - Chicken Korma Indian Food has a nut-based sauce. While your daily salt intake should be less than 2,300 mg, an average serving of this Indian dish has 763 mg of sodium. It implies that, with certain constraints, you can enjoy your food without worrying.
- It helps in Losing Weight - Have you ever seen a balanced meal without any chicken? Since chicken is essentially lean meat that doesn't have much fat, it is always a part of a healthy diet. Therefore, frequently consuming chicken in a regulated manner and recipe aids in a healthy diet plan.
If you ever wondered, "what is in chicken korma?" you'll notice that the recipe includes nuts in the ingredients list. It keeps the Instant Pot Chicken Korma sauce smooth and adds a royal texture to the gravy. You are making it hard to resist. It is one of the most well-liked curries to cook. You can make the same curry with veggies, paneer, or egg instead of chicken. The korma paste is what makes it so delicious. Show off your culinary skills by creating a feast that everyone will enjoy.
FAQs on Creamy Chicken Korma Recipe
Can coconut milk be used in its place?
Yes! You can completely exclude dairy by using coconut milk instead of heavy cream. But because of that, the flavor of the chicken korma will also get slightly aﬀected.
Can Chicken Korma be frozen for later?
Yes, you may freeze the korma chicken dish. You can freeze for 2-3 months in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw overnight before reheating.
How long should the chicken be marinated?
The longer they marinate, the better for the chicken. Marinate the chicken for an entire night for an exceptionally flavorful result.
What is the average calorie count for a serving of butter chicken?
There are 450 calories in 1 tray (354 g) of Freshly Creamy Chicken Korma Instant Pot. Adding Chicken Korma to your menu is a healthy choice, and you won't have to worry about your daily calorie consumption.
Why only Alcoeats?
A good brand never hides what it offers, so Alcoeats is an excellent choice. You will find every detail about their products and a nutritious and delicious recipe on their website.
Get 30% OFF - SUBSCRIBE TODAY
Subscribe to our Recipe Newsletter for delicious recipes delivered to your inbox weekly!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.