CAULIFLOWER DUM BIRIYANIIndulge in the delectable flavor of a cauliflower dum biryani; this vegan one-pot recipe is cooked with fragrant herbs, flavorful spices, and sweet desiccated coconut to create an irresistible dish that your taste buds won't forget.
- Serves - 4
- Preparation Time - 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time - 30 Minutes
Ingredients for Cauliflower Dum Biriyani
- 1 - Cinnamon Stick
- 3 - Green Cardamom
- 3 - Cloves
- 1 - Dagad Phool
- 3 - Mace Strands
- ½ Tsp - Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp - Coriander Seeds
- 2 Cup - Rice
- 3 Tbsp - Cooking Oil
- 5 - Black Pepper
- ½ Cup - Sliced Onions
- 1 Cup - Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp - Alcoeats Turmeric Powder
- 6 - Curry Leaves
- 3 Tbsp - Alcoeats Shredded Coconut
- ½ sp - Fennel Seeds
- 2 - Green Chilies
- 1 - Ginger
- ½ Tsp - Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tbsp - Copped Coriander
- 3 ½ Cup - Water
- 1 Tsp - Lemon Juice
- Salt - As Required
Instructions for Cauliflower Dum Biryani
- Give the rice a good rinse 3 to 4 times, then let it sit in water for 30 minutes. Afterward, drain the grains and put them aside until needed.
- Now, give the Cauliflower (1 small to medium size) a good rinse and cut it into medium-sized florets.
- Moreover, include desiccated coconut, green chili peppers, ginger root, garlic cloves, and coriander leaves.
- Blend water and spices until they form a mixture, then set aside.
- Heating oil in a pot or pan, add thinly-sliced onions for cooking.
- Next, take 5 to 6 curry leaves with 1 cup of finely chopped tomatoes, and mix thoroughly.
- Put the lid on the pan and simmer the tomatoes over low heat for 4-5 minutes until they are tender and have turned into a pulp. Stir to ensure they don't stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Then, stir in the masala paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes until combined.
- Stir in a hint of turmeric and combine thoroughly.
- Combine Cauliflower with the spicy masala.
- Afterward, combine the rice with the other elements, stirring delicately.
- Add water, lemon juice, and salt as per taste.
For Giving Dum
- Seal the pan using aluminum foil.
- To ensure perfect biryani, cook it for 18-20 minutes over a low flame or simmer. Be sure to use a heavy-bottomed pan; if not, the base may get burned or browned. If uncertain, place the pot on a hot griddle (tawa) and keep the burner at low flame to avoid complications.
- After six to eight minutes, remove the lid and fluff the biryani delicately before serving.
- To give it an extra flavor, top your cauliflower biryani with coriander leaves when serving. Accompany it with any raita or salad to make this dum vegetable biryani a complete meal.
Summing Up On Cauliflower Dum Biriyani
The mouth-watering smell of a combination of spices in the Cauliflower Dum Biriyani will tantalize your taste buds. Prepared under the Dum style, all ingredients come together to form an exquisite mix - layering an unbeatable richness and indulgence. To make it even healthier, toss in some potatoes, carrots, capsicum, and green peas while cooking with the Cauliflower for that added taste in every bite.
The intricate blending of spices used to make dum pulao imparts a pleasing scent. Although aromatic, it has an earthy tone, unlike the tangy and fiery flavors that define Hyderabadi dum chicken biryani—as with the famous chicken variant of this renowned rice dish, preparing dum vegetable biryani also follows identical steps.
Compared to clay pots, one can opt for making chicken dum biryani in the oven. While making hyd chicken, dum biryani not only reduces the time taken for preparation but also saves you the hassle of cooking murgh dum biryani or dum biriyani with traditional earthenware.
frequently asked questions
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.